Remis Blinds

limerick

Either closed (by which I mean fully folded back as when driving), or just loosened, I think. If you open them out with the concertina fully extended, as at night-time, you will find them more difficult to fold up when you next go to retrieve the van. Also, if windscreen and cab windows are not tinted, they will be more prone to UV degredation if left in the night position. Tinted screens etc, I believe, absorb at least some of the UV so should give greater protection.

We leave them unfastened and a silver screen on the outside that also covers the engine grill . Also we have used for the side windows cardboard cut to size on our last van, on this one I pull the concertina blind down as the pleats can stick together if left up for long periods.

Remis blinds do not have any springs. Our van is on the the drive I use silver screens on the cab and leave the window blinds closed no ill effects in 5½ years.

As you are storing in a shed I don't see the need to draw the blinds but I would take the van for a good drive every 2-3 weeks to prevent "sleepy van syndrome".

lennyhb - 2013-12-10 4:28 PM

Remis blinds do not have any springs. Our van is on the the drive I use silver screens on the cab and leave the window blinds closed no ill effects in 5½ years.

As you are storing in a shed I don't see the need to draw the blinds but I would take the van for a good drive every 2-3 weeks to prevent "sleepy van syndrome".

Sorry lennyhb agreed Remis blinds don't have springs.

" Tension" would have been more suitable. Having experienced this problem on a previous M/h, I would still suggest, that IMHO, that they are best not left extended across the windows.

Guest 1footinthegrave
limerick - 2013-12-09 4:17 PM

I'm putting the camper into a shed for the winter and was wondering whether I should leave the blinds open or close them

I'd say it depends if you're concerned about people looking in your shed to see what's in it ;-)

Thank's for the reply's.I was going to leave them closed but decided to ask just in case.I usually take the van for a 20 mile run every 3 to 4 weeks and have a frost watch heater as used in an attic which has a thermostat fitted this is powered from an outside socket in the shed.I only use the electric hookup 24 hours once a month so as not to have the battery on a permanent charge also have bags of silica gel around.If ye think I'm doing anything wrong or could do more to protect the van please let me know

Thanks

Archived