Can anyone identify this ?

Guest 1footinthegrave

Guest 1footinthegrave
Well I've given up, searched the web till I'm blue in the face, can anyone identify this window blind catch, been on every online spare shop that I can think of, emailed companies, even sent for KAC tanks catalogue ( fabulous ) but still drawn a blank, no identifying marks on it at all.

P1020857.JPG.708f82daf9f048a2f9e7e082a4623af4.JPG

P1020858.JPG.39133c6613c74ff85ade39f6d9b916cf.JPG

Guest 1footinthegrave
bolero boy - 2013-12-11 10:03 AM

Mike, is this a catch in your Rapido, and are you having problems with it?

yes,it's in the entrance door, the blind catch is as is in the picture at the bottom, what is missing is the clip/ blind pull from the fly screen at the top ( well the remains of it were still there ). Oddly all of the other windows have seitz catches, but are completely different............all a bit of a mystery. :-S

Guest 1footinthegrave
Corky 8 - 2013-12-11 12:55 PM

of No help I'm afraid , but they are fitted to AutoTrails as well , I have tried checking the web too . no luck ,  its of a different type, on our Rapido.

Oh thanks for that Dennis, that's a big help, I'll contact them. ;-)

I'm no further forward on the solar panel front as I'm waiting on Truma spare part arriving to ( hopefully ) fix my boiler............but I'm with you, finally decided on Sikaflex bonding.....another job on the lengthening list ;-)

I'm guessing that Rapido would have fitted a Hartal-made door to your motorhome (When was your motorhome built? Plainly it must have been post-2003 and pre-2007, but I don't think you've ever said.)

Many motohome/caravan manufacturers fit (or have fitted) Hartal doors - Auto-Trail, Hobby, Rapido, Swift, etc. If your door is a Hartal product, you could try contacting the company

http://www.hartal.de/en/home.html

to see if they can tell you where the window and blind mechanism were sourced from or can provide the part you need. Before that, of course, you'd need to confirm that the door on your 7087F is a Hartal one.

(If anybody knows, it's likely to be Wokingham Motorhomes.)

Guest 1footinthegrave
Derek Uzzell - 2013-12-11 1:52 PM

I'm guessing that Rapido would have fitted a Hartal-made door to your motorhome (When was your motorhome built? Plainly it must have been post-2003 and pre-2007, but I don't think you've ever said.)

Many motohome/caravan manufacturers fit (or have fitted) Hartal doors - Auto-Trail, Hobby, Rapido, Swift, etc. If your door is a Hartal product, you could try contacting the company

to see if they can tell you where the window and blind mechanism were sourced from or can provide the part you need. Before that, of course, you'd need to confirm that the door on your 7087F is a Hartal one.

Thanks very much for that Derek, that all makes perfect sense, what was throwing me was all the windows have Seitz fittings, but virtually the same aluminium extrusions as just this one in the entrance door is ,mmmm no wonder another 24 hours of my life has been in vain looking for Dometic or Seitz spares. :'(

The van is as you say a 2006 one, I'm just amazed to discover what an apparently rare spare this is, no wonder the other owner had codged it up.

And due to you giving me that info I have found a UK partner for the door products, I'll email them the picture and see how we go.

http://www.miriad-products.com/

Thanks again. ;-)

P1020859.JPG.056f6158445c57a8fd3a45977c95b5c7.JPG

1footinthegrave - 2013-12-11 2:11 PM

Derek Uzzell - 2013-12-11 1:52 PM

Thanks very much for that Derek, that all makes perfect sense, what was throwing me was all the windows have Seitz fittings, but virtually the same aluminium extrusions as just this one in the entrance door is ,mmmm no wonder another 24 hours of my life has been in vain looking for Dometic or Seitz spares. :'(

The van is as you say a 2006 one, I'm just amazed to discover what an apparently rare spare this is, no wonder the other owner had codged it up.

And due to you giving me that info I have found a UK partner for the door products, I'll email them the picture and see how we go.

http://www.miriad-products.com/

Thanks again. ;-)

Good luck with the search, however I suspect Miriad will tell you they only do wholesale, so if you can get the part numbers you will need to get a dealer to order it for you. I had the same issue when trying to source Remis blind parts, that were not UK standard.

Guest 1footinthegrave

Ah the unbridled joys of motorhoming eh. :D

And in case anyone can solve another mystery for me, how do you get the wires out of this type of connector on a PCB board, tried everything, bar hitting it with a hammer.............which I may yet do and solder the wires directly to the board.............life used to be so simple.

P1020859.JPG.43e105c02536ac1d7ef17efa7fecdb62.JPG

....I suspect that the wires are held in place by spring clips.

Inserting a flat blade into the square hole will "hold off" the spring whilst the wire is inserted to the round hole (and pushed well in).

If it is such an arrangement, then as originally supplied the clips are often held off by a custom insert in all three (or four) square holes which is removed after the wires have been inserted.

For re-use, a small, flat bladed screwdriver may suffice, though this will have to be used for each insertion in turn.

(BTW, if your 'van came from somebody in/near Manchester, they couldn't source the blind clip either ;-) (There was a query for a 7087 in June on another forum) )

Edit.

I speed read the query as being for insertion of the wires, but the reverse applies for removal.

Guest 1footinthegrave
Robinhood - 2013-12-11 3:04 PM

....I suspect that the wires are held in place by spring clips.

Inserting a flat blade into the square hole will "hold off" the spring whilst the wire is inserted to the round hole (and pushed well in).

If it is such an arrangement, then as originally supplied the clips are often held off by a custom insert in all three (or four) square holes which is removed after the wires have been inserted.

For re-use, a small, flat bladed screwdriver may suffice, though this will have to be used for each insertion in turn.

(BTW, if your 'van came from somebody in/near Manchester, they couldn't source the blind clip either ;-) (There was a query for a 7087 in June on another forum .

Mmmmm, Bury actually, although the van was from a dealer where it had been a PX, did he ask about an iffy Truma boiler as well I wonder. :-(

Thanks for that,I'll give it a go,as I've ordered a watch makers screw driver set just this afternoon to see if anything gives if I prod about. :-)

Guest 1footinthegrave
Robinhood - 2013-12-11 3:15 PM

......quite a long query about how to remediate damp damage, actually :-S

Ah I wouldn't have got caught out like that, I always spray a hosepipe in,

then watch for any leaks coming out.

.....looking at an enlarged version of the picture, I'm not at all sure that the square cut outs are holes, but they design still looks like a "spring-clip" one to me. Maybe the clip is held-off by inserting something into the smaller of the round holes, with the wires into the larger.

(I've just replaced a CH pump at home with just this kind of arrangement).

Edit:

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftoptitle-142070-window-blind-catch.html

.....and I'm sure Derek is correct about it being a Hartal part (I can find some very similar (but not the same) ones using google.de - the door blind on my last van (a 2006 Rapido) was the same.

Guest 1footinthegrave
Robinhood - 2013-12-11 3:41 PM

.....looking at an enlarged version of the picture, I'm not at all sure that the square cut outs are holes, but they design still looks like a "spring-clip" one to me. Maybe the clip is held-off by inserting something into the smaller of the round holes, with the wires into the larger.

(I've just replaced a CH pump at home with just this kind of arrangement).

Edit:

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftoptitle-142070-window-blind-catch.html

.....and I'm sure Derek is correct about it being a Hartal part (I can find some very similar (but not the same) ones using google.de - the door blind on my last van (a 2006 Rapido) was the same.

yes, thanks for all that, if push comes to shove I'll remove it and will just solder wires directly to the board, although I'm sure your correct about the spring clip nature of the fitting probably necessitating a special tool, probably to thwart folk like me.

On the blind front, I have now heard back from the Hartel UK partners, this is what they say. I don't think they are right, but let's here it for a UK company getting back to me for largely a trivial item, and so quickly,sadly I had contacted whom they suggested, but drew a blank, never mind it's not the end of the world after all.

Our best guess from the picture that it is a clip from a Dometic/ Seitz unit either an S3 or S4 series window with an integral blind flyscreen, I can only suggest you check the acrylic panel for any markings and contact Leisure spares on 01423 321108 who are the UK Dometic/ Seitz agents

Guest 1footinthegrave
Corky 8 - 2013-12-11 7:53 PM

Mike a long shot but it might be worth a phone call or e mail, this chap sells Caravans/Motohomes  he also breaks them for spares,

S.F.. Caravans ltd, fax 01274 832257.  Mobile, 07831 866942.

email : sean@sfm-caravans.fsnet.co.uk,  hope its of help .  Dennis.

Noted, and will do, thanks very much Dennis.

Guest pelmetman

"Can anyone identify this ?".............

2nd picture....

Top left hand corner.....

I'm 100% sure.......

That's a finger :-D........

Archived