Toad alarm

Secondlife

You were all so very helpful with your advice on winterising my 'home so I am back with another query. We have an Ace Airstream 2007 which has sometime in the past been fitted with a Toad AI606 alarm, everything was fine until recently. The back up battery in the siren died so unless we had been on a run there was no siren sound anyway we replaced that and it seemed to work fine. The problem that now arises is that we follow the instructions to alarm i.e. shut all doors and windows, lock them and press button 1, then to disalarm press button 2, unlock doors and enter. We go to enter the vehicle and unlocked the doors and opened the door but no alarm sounded until we physically entered, presumably the pir detected movement. Any thoughts please or alternatively does anybody know where Toad Security are located now, I have a number in Runcorn but BT says it is not recognised. Thanks for any help you may be able to give. :'(

We have a cobra alarm and, if you open a door or external locker without disarming the alarm, the siren will go off. But it takes two or three seconds for this to happen and may give the impression that it is only working as you step inside.

Our alarm also has a movement sensor which detects movement inside the van when the alarm is armed, tho, obviously, this is not set when we are inside ;-)

think we have sorted the problem, we rang the number on the link that was kindly provided and it turns out they are just a dealership but they did tell us that Toad is now owned by Scorpion Security so they were our next point of call. They were extremely helpful and told us that the problem was with the door connector and to contact our local dealership and get a new one for a matter of pence. So after many frustrating calls to dealers in our area we got the number of an auto electrician from the dealer who sold us the 'home and he confirmed that if we went to Screwfix we could buy one of these blocks for about £1.50 and this is what we will try next. One happy bunny, thanks everyone. :-D

Archived