Another option for gas cylinders in Spain - dealers

JonMac46

We left home with one full cylinder. Cherbourg to San Sebastian OK, then found a leak in the plumbing and went to the dealer to have it fixed. Asked the dealer if he would sell me an empty cylinder, no problem.

That night our cylinder from home ran out after 7 days, but luckily we were covered.

Started to look for the recommended flea markets to buy a second Spanish cylinder, no luck. In Caceres after another 7 days the new cylinder ran out during the night. OH not too keen about multiple layers of clothing while we waited to be able to leave the site.

Seven days later still no luck with flea markets, so popped into another motorhome dealer and they sold me one, no problem.

I paid full price for them compared to the "10 euros or so" at a flea market, but it is nice to have the backup ready to go.

JonMac46 - 2013-12-13 2:07 PM

We left home with one full cylinder. Cherbourg to San Sebastian OK, then found a leak in the plumbing and went to the dealer to have it fixed. Asked the dealer if he would sell me an empty cylinder, no problem.

That night our cylinder from home ran out after 7 days, but luckily we were covered.

Started to look for the recommended flea markets to buy a second Spanish cylinder, no luck. In Caceres after another 7 days the new cylinder ran out during the night. OH not too keen about multiple layers of clothing while we waited to be able to leave the site.

Seven days later still no luck with flea markets, so popped into another motorhome dealer and they sold me one, no problem.

I paid full price for them compared to the "10 euros or so" at a flea market, but it is nice to have the backup ready to go.

The next time you go to a flea market there will be loads of Repsols available.

Guest pelmetman
We got ours at Calpemar, just asked at reception for the gas man to supply us a bottle, which he did at the normal cost of an exchange ;-)....................still got some gas in it...............and this will be our 3rd year with same bottle :D

Archived