Troublesome windscreen wipers

trickydicky

Make sure the retaining nuts are tight or they will slip on the splined shafts and go haywire. Also check all linkages are tight and in alignment with the same result.

I hope it's not the computer that controls them that's faulty or that will be expensive. (depends on the age and make of your base vehicle)

Derek Uzzell - 2013-12-14 8:11 AM

Trickydicky's 2008 Hymer is a B-664CL model, with triple windscreen-wipers.

(I don't know if Hymer adapts Fiat's wiper system or uses its own, but I'd guess the latter.)

If the wipers are similar to ours, as they appear to be, I don't think they are the Fiat items, but something made up for Hymer. The steering-wheel control stalk is the standard Fiat item, so it is possible the rest of the control system is also Fiat, with only the mechanicals having been changed. If that is the case, a Fiat dealer should be able to sort the problem. Otherwise, it seems a trip to a Hymer dealer will be required. However, the best place to start would seem to be the cable, in case it is just chafing and shorting somewhere, as suggested above.

Come on sisters you have this all wrong and not giving us the full story

Auto-trail designed the wiper bits, and Swift made them, then Autosleeper fitted them on a sub-contract.

That is why they are faulty

Come the day that the Germans make them properly and all will be OK

HWO

Guest pelmetman
HWO - 2013-12-14 8:20 PM

Come on sisters you have this all wrong and not giving us the full story

Auto-trail designed the wiper bits, and Swift made them, then Autosleeper fitted them on a sub-contract.

That is why they are faulty

Come the day that the Germans make them properly and all will be OK

HWO

Its all my fault :$..............I thought the advert said cheap Hymen swiper needed :-S...........then I saw the plans after I quoted 8-)......................Shoulda gone to Specsavers *-)

Guest 1footinthegrave
Derek Uzzell - 2013-12-15 7:42 AM

Seems to me you and HWO should lay off the hallucinogenic mince pies. If you've got nothing helpful to contribute, at least what you do write could have a modicum of sense in it!

I think Dave is on them mince pies all the year round then. (!)

1footinthegrave - 2013-12-15 9:09 AM

Derek Uzzell - 2013-12-15 7:42 AM

Seems to me you and HWO should lay off the hallucinogenic mince pies. If you've got nothing helpful to contribute, at least what you do write could have a modicum of sense in it!

I think Dave is on them mince pies all the year round then. (!)

i see you r winding up again (lol) (lol) (lol)

trickydicky - 2013-12-13 8:52 PM

Ho, I have a hymer '08 . The windscreen wipers are so annoying, one minute they work perfectly, then they stop halfway across the windscreen, and sometimes they go completely out of rhythm . Has anyone else got this problem.

Our Knaus A class had similar problems. The fault was caused by grease on the contacts inside the gearing/motor housing. After marking the position of the link arm on the spindle I removed it and the end plate before cleaning the grease from the contacts. Not sure whether this is the case on your van but it worked for us.

Archived