Cheap smartphone

Mel B

Just bought a ZTE Libra smartphone for my Mum for Christmas for £29.99 new with 1 year guarantee! Mum likes to do texts but is currently using an old style 'standard' mobile phone where you have to press the number key several times to get the letter you want (she's got more patience than me as it would drive me nuts!).

Just thought I'd post the details on here in case anyone is looking for a simple 3G smartphone:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301005467047?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

There's also the ZTE Blade and ZTE San Francisco (locked to Orange) ones too for a similar price:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZTE-Blade-3-5-256MB-3-0MP-Camera-Smartphone-Gray-/301005473701?pt=UK_Mobile_Phones&hash=item46155307a5

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZTE-P729V-Orange-San-Francisco-Smartphone-Gray-/111203302492?pt=UK_Mobile_Phones&hash=item19e43bbc5c

The one for Mum has arrived today and, despite it originate from Russia at some point (although it IS new) it is in English with no obvious signs of KGB 'intervention'!

I put my T-mobile sim in it and it is definitely unlocked so worked straight away. I must say it is a smashing phone, I've just been setting it up for Mum (time, date etc) and it is so easy to use, has a lovely feel to it and is very responsive. I'm sure she'll be able to get to grips with it quite easily (even at 88!).

Hubby likes it so much he wants one as the second phone he has now has the old style texting (from the number pad) which drives him nuts! *-)

Guest pelmetman

Not as cheap as mine ;-)...................it was free B-).............no contract :-D.................

Just got to work out how to change the ring tune :-S................."Oi Cretin Answer The Effin Phone"............doesn't go down well with my customers :$

BIL's sense of humour is worse then mine (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

pelmetman - 2013-12-14 6:11 PM

Not as cheap as mine ;-)...................it was free B-).............no contract :-D.................

Just got to work out how to change the ring tune :-S................."Oi Cretin Answer The Effin Phone"............doesn't go down well with my customers :$

What you got then Dave? :-D

Guest pelmetman
Mel B - 2013-12-14 6:56 PM

Its a Samsung............and its driving me up the wall *-)..............phoned a company the other day and they said press 1 etc etc.............then I discovered I didn't have any keys to press 8-)...............worked it out now *-).....................What is it with progress eh?...........it seems to equal complex >:-(..............Bring back SIMPLE B-)..........

pelmetman - 2013-12-14 7:03 PM

Mel B - 2013-12-14 6:56 PM

Its a Samsung............and its driving me up the wall *-)..............phoned a company the other day and they said press 1 etc etc.............then I discovered I didn't have any keys to press 8-)...............worked it out now *-).....................What is it with progress eh?...........it seems to equal complex >:-(..............Bring back SIMPLE B-)..........

Gawd, it's like pulling teeth *-) ... how did you get it free and what model is it! :-S

Hubby has the Samsung Galaxy Ace and I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2, his 'second' phone is a Samsung smartphone too but an older version and quite small by comparison to the Aces. I know what you mean about the keypad though as you have to remember to press to view it when dialling companies! I also 'lost' the keypad once when I wanted to ring someone - when I press the contacts icon there are more option 'tabs' on top than it can display at any one time so I have to swipe them sideways to get to see the others ... it totally threw me the first time it did it ... I knew it had to be there somewhere! :D

My wife and I have Nokia mobile phones that are over ten years old and still working fine with pay as you go SIM cards. When they do pack up given that we take an iPad with us on holiday I don't know that I'll even bother with a smart phone. One that simply makes and receives calls and texts will do us just fine.

Archived