Trailer charges to go on Caravan Club sites

Don Madge

The following statement is on page 7 of Septembers Caravan Club Magazine "As from 1st August 2007, there will no longer be a charge for additional trailers on a pitch. The only charge will be for an additional car. This means a motorcaravan towing a trailer with a car on it, will not be charged for the trailer or the car, so long as they don't encroach on the neighbouring pitch." No mention of A frames and why wait until next August to implement the changes. Regards Don

Hi Don, I couldn't understand why August 2007 either, just doesn't make sense. If they are abolishing the charge why wait for over a year! Also noticed on the same page that the new editor of the mag is an ex Motor Caravan Magazine editor, I wonder if that will help to improve even more the motorhome presence. I also wonder, cynically, if there is any link between these two events and the article on page 6 'Can you legally tow a caravan', has it just dawned that future members are more likely to start with motorhomes now as they can be driven up to 3500kg on a standard license without a further test?? Bas

[QUOTE]Don Madge - 2006-08-26 9:28 AM The following statement is on page 7 of Septembers Caravan Club Magazine "As from 1st August 2007, there will no longer be a charge for additional trailers on a pitch. The only charge will be for an additional car. This means a motorcaravan towing a trailer with a car on it, will not be charged for the trailer or the car, so long as they don't encroach on the neighbouring pitch." No mention of A frames and why wait until next August to implement the changes. Regards Don[/QUOTE] Hi Don Thought your questions were pertinent so I have e-mailed The Caravan Club to see if they can answer them - will let you know when (if) I receive a reply. Regards, david

Don, This seems a bit ambiguous. It says "the only charge will be for an additional car", then it says "will not be charged for the trailer or the car". What do they mean? At the moment when I stay on CC sites, I always mention the car when booking in and they always say it makes no difference, it's just the same as a caravan and car. So what has changed? Actually, motorhomes usually take up less space because we rarely have big awnings and all the other paraphernalia. If it turns out that what we suspect is true, i.e. that they are going to start charging for cars, I would be very annoyed and I think it would be time we started a real protest.

Why can't the changes apply from beginning of new season. Makes sense to me. Also I feel providing that you use ONLY your pitch and don't encroach on anothers then what you put onto that pitch should be up to the individual, i.e MH & tent, caravan & tent, MH & car etc within reason of course. After all you pay for each person when charges are totted up!

[QUOTE]david lloyd - 2006-08-26 5:24 PM [QUOTE]Don Madge - 2006-08-26 9:28 AM The following statement is on page 7 of Septembers Caravan Club Magazine "As from 1st August 2007, there will no longer be a charge for additional trailers on a pitch. The only charge will be for an additional car. This means a motorcaravan towing a trailer with a car on it, will not be charged for the trailer or the car, so long as they don't encroach on the neighbouring pitch." No mention of A frames and why wait until next August to implement the changes. Regards Don[/QUOTE] Hi Don Thought your questions were pertinent so I have e-mailed The Caravan Club to see if they can answer them - will let you know when (if) I receive a reply. Regards, david[/QUOTE] David It will be very interesting to see their reply, assuming they do reply of course. Don

Maybe this is actually a good move, i.e. they are not going to charge for trailers. When they say the only charge will be for an "additional" car, is this the third vehicle/unit? Which would be fair enough I reckon. I have read the actual item in the CC magazine and it is very badly worded I think.

Hi everyone As promised I am copying the reply I received from Caravan Club which clears the issue up. *********************************************************** Dear Mr Lloyd That was actually a miss print in the magazine and should have actually shown August 2006 and yes it does also apply for A frames with a car on it, basically so long as all your vehicles fit on the pitch allocated to you and does not overlap a neighbouring pitch. Kind Regards Michelle Web Contact Team *********************************************************** I must say, I have stayed on a few sites when towing the car and never been charged before so I was a little surprised by the article anyway but this answer is very clear and you can take your car with you, free of extart charge, from this August. Best regards, david

Archived