Band of brothers

Pampam

Poor you i am sorry It's a beautifull piece of music and in those circumstances....words fail me : I'm a big fan of mr Bocelli have been to see him twice he has the most fantastic voice(and pretty hot too) every other song has me moved to tears :(. Pp. always get a front row seat so I can get a good look at him a bit like an ancient groupie lol .

Hi pampam, band of brothers one of the best war dramas ever, pulls you into the story. Music is

very moving, got the cd. Pacific for me a hard story to follow and music not as good.

Another good piece of film music is Deborah`s theme from "once upon a time in america"

very haunting tune.

casey.

George I can picture my dad in our kitchen conducting the 633 squadron with wooden spoon in hand he used to get really carried away lol : I haven't watched schindlers list yet I know it's good just u tubed it and the clips were very sad hubby says its fantastic film but I'd find it harrowing (it's on my list ) and Deborah's theme very beautifull (u tubed it just now )am going to watch it I husband recommends it says ill enjoy it : them violins always get yer!!!! Pp :) might watch schindlers list when have had a bad day at work to make me realise how lucky I am (sometimes we need a little kick don't we ?) pp

casey - 2013-12-16 7:34 PM

Hi pampam, band of brothers one of the best war dramas ever, pulls you into the story. Music is

very moving, got the cd.

casey.

Don't know if you are aware but there are one or two sites around St.Mere Eglise in Normandy with memorials to the actual events in which ' Easy Company ' were involved.

Saw this one on the site of their first engagement, which was depicted in the film.

easy5.jpg.9f4a56675c6029006995fd3fdd5f7fd8.jpg

Guest 1footinthegrave

Moving music, where to begin, soundtrack to Gladiator takes some beating for me, but if I had to choose just one piece of music there can only be one surely ;-)

Nessun Dorma,

Eyup Nessun dorma by Pavarotti was mine and my husbands song then the World Cup made it popular and spoilt our song. Cos it became to well known and popular lol as I said to tracker andrea bocelli is my favourite singer and have seen him couple of times he always finishes with Nessun dorma and I've never heard it sang with such power he finishes by taking the song to another level which I have never heard before (you can hardly hear for the crowd cheering they think he's finished but he hasn't he finds another gear and turns the throttle up ) mind blowing ......he's my pinup .im buying the hubby a white suit some dark glasses ,and an Italian phrase book lol pp:)

When we are no longer working I definitely would like to go to Normandy was going to go next year but am saving up as job situation is looking a bit dicey at the moment and I can't be throwing the money about if am going to be out of work in twelve months time : (so am saving for that rainy day that might come sooner rather than later) pp :)

Guest 1footinthegrave
Pampam - 2013-12-18 9:21 PM

When we are no longer working I definitely would like to go to Normandy was going to go next year but am saving up as job situation is looking a bit dicey at the moment and I can't be throwing the money about if am going to be out of work in twelve months time : (so am saving for that rainy day that might come sooner rather than later) pp :)

Not sure where you are in the UK, but getting over the channel is as cheap as chips, Normandy is like one huge ( free ) open air museum, and if you use the aire system a trip there could work out cheaper than a few days in the UK, in short, do it sooner rather than later, you'll love it. ;-) I can understand your prudence if looking at a change in your income in the future, but I'm a firm believer in the saying live for the moment, and the future ( as I detailed in another thread ) very often looks after itself.

Archived