Motorhome a appreciating asset........?

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

FORD TRANSIT 2.5 DIESEL FAIRWAY TRAVELHOME ( LIMITED EDITION ) See original listing

FORD-TRANSIT-2-5-DIESEL-FAIRWAY-TRAVELHOME-LIMITED-EDITION

Item Ended

Item condition:Used

Ended: 15 Dec, 2013 20:04:46 GMT

Winning bid:£5,600.00

[ 20 bids ]

It wasn't as tidy as ours either :-S..................So if Travelhomes are selling for this kinda money out of season :D

Reckon Horace must be getting on for 10k B-).........

pelmetman - 2013-12-15 8:36 PM

FORD TRANSIT 2.5 DIESEL FAIRWAY TRAVELHOME ( LIMITED EDITION ) See original listing

FORD-TRANSIT-2-5-DIESEL-FAIRWAY-TRAVELHOME-LIMITED-EDITION

Item Ended

Item condition:Used

Ended: 15 Dec, 2013 20:04:46 GMT

Winning bid:£5,600.00

[ 20 bids ]

It wasn't as tatty as ours either :-S..................So if Travelhomes are selling for this kinda money out of season :D

Reckon Horace must be getting on for £10 B-).........

Your van looks very nice Dave, but lets be realistic. (lol)

Guest pelmetman
peter - 2013-12-15 8:40 PM

Your van looks very nice Dave, but lets be realistic. (lol)

Its only a matter of time Peter :D..................But it's irrelevant anyway as we've no intention of selling, but its nice to know we are appreciating and not depreciating ;-)...........

Those Bargain Bangers are looking even more of a bargain now B-)..............

Blimey Dave, at that sort of price you could sell yours and have the deposit for a proper motorhome. (lol)

That one looks like it will be very nice when it's finished and probably well worth the asking price. As long as the mechanicals are good and the chassis is sound.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pelmetman
He does seem to be doing a decent job Peter........although I suspect he's recycling a caravan interior, as the cocktail cabinet looks a bit odd :-S...............and looking at the heiki roof light installation it appears the roof design is different to ours as we have a raised section down the middle?.......

Guest 1footinthegrave
Looks like I was done...............my one former owner Rapido with all the goodies, 36K miles,(as opposed to 104,000 miles) fully galvanised chassis, and only 25 years newer cost me an extra 7k. 8-)

Guest pelmetman
1footinthegrave - 2013-12-28 6:18 PM

Looks like I was done...............my one former owner Rapido with all the goodies, 36K miles,(as opposed to 104,000 miles) fully galvanised chassis, and only 25 years newer cost me an extra 7k. 8-)

See.................you should've bought a "bargain banger" ;-).............

-Looks like I was done...............my one former owner Rapido with all the goodies, 36K miles,(as opposed to 104,000 miles) fully galvanised chassis, and only 25 years newer cost me an extra 7k.-

I don't follow, you mean you accepted it without checking, that's not you !

Guest 1footinthegrave
No I'm trying to work out why anyone would want to buy something 25 years old, for just £7000 less than I paid for a relatively young 7 year old van with a third of the mileage, and a galvanised chassis, plus all the extras you can shake a stick at. ;-) and even a working Truma heating system now as well. :D

And a diesel engine. I agree with you onefoot it doesn't make a lot of sense. You got your van cheap at 19k, did you have a part ex as well.

Guest 1footinthegrave
peter - 2013-12-28 10:07 PM

And a diesel engine. I agree with you onefoot it doesn't make a lot of sense. You got your van cheap at 19k, did you have a part ex as well.

Cocked up on my maths Peter, it was £19.995, my 2003 IH Savannah Tio, and 5k in cash, a couple of issues to sort though,( under warranty ) but nothing like lying on your back with an arc welder blowing holes in everything with one of Dave's bargain bangers, been there done it, keep the bargain bangers thanks :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pelmetman

Archived