2.8 Fiat Ducato jtd 2001 CAPOOT!!!

p mcintosh

Hi was wondering if any you's guys can point me in the right direction, my Auto Trail Dakota was running as sweet as a nut up until 2 weeks ago, on my way home from Aberdeen, after driving for about 20 mins it stopped dead and the injector pressure warning light came on, had to get towed home, have since put in new fuel line pressure sensor, but still no joy,it will drive for about 15 mins then conk out, any advise will be welcomed.

Hello.

The injector light coming on is helpful because it rules out several items like cam and crank sensors. This light only illuminates if specific problems occur with the injectors. This is quite likely a poor connection at one of the plugs to an injector. This is pretty common and normally requires the replacement of the plug which you cannot buy without the rest of the loom. We buy spare looms just to cut the plugs off and use them as replacements!

Most often the problem presents with a mis-fire and the light coming on. On some occasions the engine has cut out or refused to start while the problem persists.

What I would do is remove the plastic cover over the injectors and run the engine until it conks out. Then while someone else tries to start the engine, wiggle the plugs one at a time and see if it starts. This fault will show up on a diagnostic tool so it would be worth spending the money getting it plugged in.

There are a few other things that could potentially cause the problem that you have; a damaged wire in the circuit would certainly be a possibility if it is not the injector plug (s) which are definitely the most likely.

Nick

Archived