Tom tom problems

chris

Hi, I have a tom tom Go Live 1005 and I have downloaded some more camperstop POIs into my Community Content and I use "My Drive" to work with POIs.

My problem is that the new camper stop categories are showing in my Community Chest but even when I install them they are not appearing on my Satnav ANYWHERE?

I have contacted Tom Tom and struggle with communication as the call centre is iNDIA! They have emailed responses which are the same every time and are useless as I follow these to the letter.

Not getting anywhere with Tom Tom so has anyone any answers for me as I KNOW THEY ARE SHOWING IN Community Chest BUT not transferring in my satnav even though I have connected and updated other things on it?

Thanks

Chris

Chris, i am not familiar with Community Chest (except in Monopoly :-) ) but if you are gamiliar with viewing the Tomtom file system on a Windows computer, i can tell you how i load my POI files just by dragging them onto the Tomtom.

I have a TomTom One v3 and a TomTom XL both Western Europe versions. Both access a PC using TomTom Home which i believe is MyTomtom on 'flashier' versions.

bolero boy - 2013-12-20 8:35 AM

Chris, i am not familiar with Community Chest (except in Monopoly :-) ) but if you are gamiliar with viewing the Tomtom file system on a Windows computer, i can tell you how i load my POI files just by dragging them onto the Tomtom.

Tom Tom Caravan and Camper 1005 does not allow direct access via PC. Annoyingly it does not show up as a simple external drive on the PC to which you can simply drag and drop POI's. The MyDrive utility as far as I know provides the only way off adding content. From the MyDrive menu you select 'Add community content to device'. This will display a list of all POI's that you have loaded if any. An option at the bottom of the list to'Add' just does that. When clicked on it allows you to browse content on your PC and add the POI's you need. If you have done this and they are not displaying then the only thing that comes to mind is that the POI file you have selected is not being seen as a POI file. Do the POI files have the correct extension .ov2. If a .bmp file of the same name is resident in the same folder as the .ov2 file then it will also load the bitmap file simultaneously and display it in the list.

Graham

Hi Chris ,cannot help with entering problem,but have always used this number to contact Tom Tom 08451610009,might be the same as you used,but never had any issues like you described .Always been able to understand what they were saying and always very helpful.Never had the slightest thought this number was going to India ,hope it helps.

Hi,

This Forums Tom Tom 'Expert' used to be 'Way 2 Go', must admit hav'nt seen a post from him lately.

There is a Post on 'Hints and Tips'.

I have a Tom Tom Go Live 1005 Camper, and have had it for a year now, I managed to Transfer all of my POI's from my Tom Tom 1 'new Version', CC & C&CC sites/CL's etc. Supermarkets,Petrol Stations. Etc., via my PC , Put them onto the PC as Files and then 'Copy and Pasted' them onto the Tom Tom.

Don't find the 'new' Tom Tom as 'User friendly' as my old Tom Tom, or the PC software. Think they have made a Backward Step.

Ray

Just phoned and office closed till Monday.

I reinstalled the categories again. My sat nav showed "updating device" and then finished updating so the procedure is correct but they cant be found when I search for them on satnav. Frustrating

I have had to use 'My Drive' for my new TT Start 60 and agree that it is not so user friendly as TT Home, however, I have found that all my problems stem from my new computer that is running Win 8.1 so don't know if it is the same with Win 7.

The problem is not actually with Win 8.1 but with the latest version of Internet Explorer (I believe V11) which appears not to be able to talk to Tom Tom servers properly, by changing to Google Chrome browser everything works perfectly and I am able to update and load POI's. Voices etc. with no problem.

I now use Chrome specifically to update the Start 60 though for everything else I use IE.

For anyone that has an older TT as I do (GO720), whereas I had both Home and Mydrive installed and running on my PC and working perfectly on Win XP, I find I have had to load Home on my laptop and MyDrive on the PC as they would not work together on the Win 8.1 PC as whichever TT was connected it would only link to MyDrive which of course is no good for the earlier Tom Tom's

Hope that helps.

Bas

Archived