All Year Municipals

mac111051

gocro - 2013-12-22 10:32 AM

On checking out the northern sites most seem to open between April and September as per usual!

Quite right, after a quick look at the site details not all are open all year and some only open for chalets.

al1 - 2013-12-22 11:28 AM

On checking out the northern sites most seem to open between April and September as per usual!

Quite right, after a quick look at the site details not all are open all year and some only open for chalets.

But at least you have a phone number to check before you arrive

mac111051 - 2013-12-22 1:08 PM

al1 - 2013-12-22 11:28 AM

But at least you have a phone number to check before you arrive

True, I wasn't criticizing you, merely mentioning a fact.

The new edition of the French "Camping-Car" magazine, which hit my doormat today, has a pull-out guide to year-round "campings." May be worth picking up a copy when you get there?

Quite funny to translate the editorial, which almost seems as if the editor has to justify talking about campsites AT ALL to his readership. Bit different from UK magazines!

• 2 weeks later...

One campsite not on the list that i can thoroughly recommend is Soissons.  Clean facilities, hardstandings for motorhomes, and friendly staff.  Last February we arrived a bit late (no booking) and the Guardien happily came out to let us in.

We don't like too much motorway and find this is a good place for an overnighter to and fro our ski holiday.

We turned up in December at a municipal just north of Limoges that we have used before at this time of year. Despite checking on the website that they were open, they were not. Ditto the one in the next village. The only way to be sure is to email or phone.

Tony Jones - 2013-12-23 9:06 PMThe new edition of the French "Camping-Car" magazine, which hit my doormat today, has a pull-out guide to year-round "campings." May be worth picking up a copy when you get there?Quite funny to translate the editorial, which almost seems as if the editor has to justify talking about campsites AT ALL to his readership. Bit different from UK magazines!

Poor old Editor, has to put in a bit of advertorial to keep the camp site advertisers happy :D

I know the Muni at Limoges, and on their site and in their brochure they are quite clearly closed over the winter. and the local Aires are hors service cause gelé.

On one at the moment camping Le Roussillonnais in Argeles sur mer close to the Spanish border. Cost is 12 euros (plus .46 tax per person) for two inc electric, showers etc plus free wifi. Great views and right on the beach, a bit far out of town but the weathers nice lol On way home is the only problem. B-)

Archived