ACSI I.D.CARD

derek pringle

I was applying for one but did not tick the , "this is valid for future subscriptions " Box, which is automatically taken from your Credit / Debit card  account, you can if you remember cancel it before it is due providing you can remember, as I do not want a standing order, I have not ordered one and will  now take plenty of Photostat copies of our Passports and hope that will suffice .

Hi, Had one of these the first year they came out, mainly because they were free then (with the ACSI Camping Card purchase), but I haven't purchased one since as I think the CCI card is more widely accepted and costs more or less the same price,

Albeit I haven't checked out the ACSI card recently so I am working on old information.

Hope that helps

Brian

Details about the CCI can be found here:-

http://www.campingcardinternational.com/

Guest Had Enough

Isn't the ACSI card only accepted on ACSI sites? I use the CCI card, which costs a little bit more and always find it useful and on some sites I've had a 10% discount when presenting it.

When this subject came up last year I looked at the amount of insurance cover being offered by the two cards. The CCI card’s third party insurance was up to 2.5 million Swiss Francs (about £1.7 million) whereas, looking at the T&Cs of the ACSI iD card its was €2500 (about £2200). If the ACSI card insurance cover has not significantly increased then it seems poor value for money.

Cattwg :-D

Trouble is, the CCI card is only available if you're a member of a club - and Britstops doesn't count!

So, since I can't see any other reason to join a club, I'll probably order an ACSII ID, rather than only having our passports as ID.

Just out of interest, has ANYONE on here ever had a claim on the 3rd-party insurance, on either of the cards? (Hearsay replies accepted, as long as it's clear that's what they are).

Hi,

Don't take my word for it but I seem to remember reading that the CCI card is a must in some countries, Norway or some other Scandinavian country spring to mind, but you really need to check for yourselves, I am certainly not saying there is anything wrong with the ACSI ID card, I just posted about the CCI as a possible alternative.

We have photo copied the main 2 pages of our passport and reduced them to credit card size and then laminated them, and they have been accepted in place of the real thing at a number of campsites.

As for the third party insurance, I have never heard of anyone having to use it, but I may be wrong but don't a lot of general insurances provide the insured with some level of third party cover, e.g. your house insurance usually covers you if anyone hurts themselves while on your property ? and taking that example you may have third party cover in perhaps your travel insurance or even your motorhome insurance already ? just a thought ?

FRANKP60 - 2013-12-23 12:52 PM

Yes mine to ,very useful ,saves passport problems.

The only time that becomes 'a problem' is when people continue to meekly hand them over. If asked for mine i've always refused and make a point of telling them it's not owned by me (no Passport is) and i am personally responsible for it's safe keeping. Also whilst away from a site you may need it as proof of personal id. I only stopped on one site this year who asked for my Passport, which was refused of course, but a Dutch couple who came on site just after me were not asked to leave id of any kind at all!

Archived