Autoroller 200. 2007 model

Simo1

Can anyone help our neighbour, he has recently bought the above model and cant find the tap under the van where he can drain the fresh water tank for the winter, I have suggested that for now run it off into the waste tank and drain that.

HI

If it is like the Joint then the tank will be under the transverse seat and if you have a rubber arm the tap is between the tank and the outside skin, slightly towards the rear. Use a torch to find it and then work out how you are going to turn the tap on. It will be one of those hinged taps fitted in line with a tube going through the floor. As an alternative, look underneath around the fresh water tank and try to find a hose sticking through the floor then go inside the van and locate it within the van, the tap will be between that and the tank. Best of luck and compliments of the season.

Art

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums.

Quite a few motorhomes do not have an under-floor tap to drain the fresh-water tank.

Some have a drain-valve inside the motorhome (as Art advises) normally close to the water-tank, while others have a 'bung' of some sort within the water-tank itself. In the latter case, there'll be a large screw-cap in the tank's upper surface that will need to be removed to gain access to the 'bung' that may, in turn, be screwed into the bottom of the tank.

It might be wise for your neighbour to do as you've suggested and pump the fresh-water tank's contents into the waste-water tank. Once that's done, he will have removed the risk of frost damage and will have time to further investigate the fresh-water tank's draining arrangement.

I assume your neighbour hasn't a handbook for his motorhome, as these usually mention 'winterisation'.

I notice that there is a UK club for CI and Roller-Team motorhomes that he might find helpful:

http://rollerteamownersclub.com/

Archived