New oven and grill

scoutse

Guest starspirit
Ovens do make darned fine bread and cake bins. Never cooked in the van oven in 35 years of 'vanning. The bigger the oven the more it rattles. Cooking is for wimps, just like electric! Humphrey

Hi, this is Mrs scoutse... ...who makes a darn good meal in her 'oven'!! Mr scoutse's department is the bbq. Mr scoutse has a brand new cadac with all the mod cons for his culinary attempts & Mrs scoutse would like some decent equipment for her indoor attempts when it's raining (usually every time we venture out!) Genuine advice will be greatfully appreciated... this is what we've all joined this forum for isn't it??? :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Hi Mrs Scoutse I'm with you on the ovens front. One of the reasons we traded our (Italian) Riviera 181 for a (British) Bessacarr was to get a proper hob, grill and oven all with electronic ignition. Oh, and a sink with a proper draining board! We like to have our lunches out at a pub, then settle in for the evening and cook whatever goodies we have bought on our travels that day. Some useful websites for you are www.marcleleisure.co.uk, www.olearymotorhomes.co.uk and www.leisurespares.co.uk. I guess plenty of other accessory shops and online dealers will be able to help you too. Obviously there will need to be enough space in the 'van for a larger oven, but I guess you'd already worked that one out! Some of the best meals we've ever enjoyed have been in the motorhome, so stick out for a decent oven.

The main make of oven/grill/hob and sink fitted to Continental makes is from the Italian company SMEV. Their wares are available from CAK Tanks (if you ever manage to get them to despatch anything), and Roses of Hull. They are certain to have a stand at the NEC Show in October if you're planning to go there.

Guest starspirit
I suppose you have asked the supplying dealer, or the manufacturer to help? Are they not interested? Fitting an oven is a technical issue that needs handling with care due to the very high heat generated by the oven, and related fire risk if said heat is not properly dissipated. I would be VERY wary of any 'after fit' oven (or heater) not officially approved by the maker as it might well have important safety and warranty implications. Have you ever seen a Motorhome burn? They burn very quickly, so please be careful!

Archived