130,000 Free Motorhome GPS POI's for Microsoft Autoroute

Addie

I've managed to get some spare time over Christmas to sit down and compile our 2014 data set. I produced this originally in 2012 but somehow missed updating it in 2013. It contains almost 130,000 campsites, aires, service points, parking locations, wild camping spots, LPG filling stations, Lidl supermarkets and so on.

I've used as many freely available databases as I can find and have manipulated the data in a couple of instances so that as many of them as possible contain direct links back to the website from which they came. So when you click on a link for Camping Car Info's, the link takes you directly to the page on the website with photos etc. Google Chrome is recommended, as this translates automatically.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-4VzICxPP_IM/UsBotRa9u7I/AAAAAAAAf2w/PBMqJkf_ScA/s320/moreinfo.png

We use this data as our sole planning resource when we travel in Europe and being able to cross reference multiple data sources in one application has proved invaluable.

Matija from myLPG.eu has also kindly agreed for his dataset to be included and has provided me with the master files, so there is over 26,000 european LPG stations. If you know of any others, submit them via his website and they will find their way onto this next year.

For a full list of exactly what the file contains as well as downloads for Autoroute 2010, 2011 and 2013 visit our blog: http://www.europebycamper.com/2013/12/2014-autoroute-motorhome-aire-campsite.html

If you've never used Microsoft Autoroute before, at the bottom of the above blog posts there are links to download a 14 day trial of Autoroute 2013 and a 60 day trial of 2010. I'm afraid it is PC only, I've not found anything similar for Mac or tablet. It is an offline mapping, route planning and navigation application that can, if you wish, be used with a inexpensive USB GPS dongle.

It's taken several hours to create this file so I hope that others find it of use next year, we'll be using in January hopefully!

All the best for 2014

Adam

http://www.europebycamper.com

First many thanks to the OP for his work and download !!

The download works OK with my version of MS Autoroute Ver 2010

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Credits

© 1988–2009 Microsoft Corporation and/or its suppliers. All rights reserved.

© 1984-2009 Tele Atlas. All rights reserved. Data Source © 2009 Tele Atlas N.V.

Certain points of interest © Copyright 2007, by C. Johnson. All rights reserved.

Certain points of interest © 2009 The Random House Group Limited. All rights reserved.

This product includes mapping data licensed from Ordnance Survey® with the permission of the Controller of Her Majesty’s Stationery Office. © Crown copyright and/or database right 2008. All rights reserved. License number 100025324.

©2009 NAVTEQ. All rights reserved.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Maybe you down loaded the wrong link and saved a latr version oc the .axe file ?

I used the link

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4t_jdH1m_b-NnhLNlp2N2tPYnM/edit?pli=1

Hope that it helps

Rgds

thankyou that link works but it says hidden on everything do i need to do something else? soory not very computer minded ok have just sorted the hidden bit out untic it!!! problem now is when i close microsoft all the downloaded sites are gone when i start it up again :$ :$ :$

jordano - 2014-01-06 5:34 PM

thankyou that link works but it says hidden on everything do i need to do something else? soory not very computer minded ok have just sorted the hidden bit out untic it!!! problem now is when i close microsoft all the downloaded sites are gone when i start it up again :$ :$ :$

Hi

Have just been doing the same, but solved it in the end.. Not sure if you need to do all this but this is what I did..

After it's downloaded, Press Save

When you open it back up again go into. FILE open, Double Click Motorhome POI , it will then show Pushpins

Right hand click the file needed, like Camping Card, then Click show pushpin set.

Hope that works

• 1 month later...

Archived