Happy New Year everyone!

Tony Jones

Tony Jones - 2013-12-31 8:13 PM

I know it's early, but everything crashes at midnight (especially on OAL! lol)

Best wishes to all of you, from the slightly more "practical", but somewhat less numerous, motorhomers! :D

thanks Tony, and a Happy New Year to you and the other one! ;-)

Robinhood - 2013-12-31 8:19 PM

Best wishes to all of you, from the slightly more "practical", but somewhat less numerous, motorhomers! :D

thanks Tony, and a Happy New Year to you and the other one! ;-)

Cheers "Robin," but we prefer to think of ourselves as. "select!" :D

All the best anyway! Btw, do you use a different name over there, or haven't you joined yet?

Best wishes to all of you, from the slightly more "practical" motorhomers! :D

happy new year to you all safe camping

sorry if sepelling wrong happy new year

:-> :-> :->

granddad - 2014-01-01 12:14 AM

Best wishes to all of you, from the slightly more "practical" motorhomers! :D

happy new year to you all safe camping

sorry if sepelling wrong happy new year

:-> :-> :->

It's porbably the dirnk Grandad! Same to yuo!

I posted this on the 'Chatterbox' New Year thread so thought I'd copy it into here! :-D

Happy New Year to you all ... yes everyone!

This is the first year for a long time that I actually feel 'happy' about Christmas! I usually can't abide it, too many bad memories I suppose, but I haven't got upset at all this time which is great. Whether its because we were so busy leading up to it due to the kitchen and conservatory work I don't know, but it hasn't stressed me out etc at all this time. For the FIRST TIME in as long as I can remember (and that's a LONG time!) I have actually ENJOYED putting up some of the trimmings ... although I didn't do so until Christmas morning! :$

I decked out the conservatory which has 2 Christmas trees in - our 'normal 5ft one and our 2ft fibre optic one - loads of tinsel, lights and other stuff. Then we went to Homebase on Thursday last week and found they were selling off a load of Christmas stuff, so bought a new set of 36 cerise baubles for the tree for £1, some new tinsel and a few other bits, the best of which is a resin colour changing tree (indoor and outdoor use) for £3 whilst it looks a bit 'naff' when not lit, but when powered it actually is very, very, very nice ... I've just looked it up and found out originally they were selling for £49.99!!!! 8-) I stripped the large tree and have put the new baubles etc on and it looks lovely ... the attic rat had nibbled some of the old stuff! *-)

We went back to Homebase yesterday as I needed to order some carpet tiles for the conservatory which I couldn't do on line as I need 60 and it will only allow 50 to be ordered, anyway they were selling off some more bits and pieces so we also got a few of the 'Christmas Tree in a bag' decorations which were reduced from £29.99 to £1! :D We've going to give them away as extra presents when we have our parents round on Sunday. The 'bags' have got everything in - lights, baubles, string of decorative beads, star - I've put one up in the lounge and very pretty it looks too! If you have a Homebase near you it might be worth a visit to see if they've got anything left if you're on the lookout for some Christmas decor before it all goes. :-D

Mel B - 2014-01-01 3:36 PM

I posted this on the 'Chatterbox' New Year thread so thought I'd copy it into here! :-D

Glad you did Mel - 'fraid I don't go there at all anymore. In fact, I don't come here all that often, but hey, it's Christmas (still!)

Really glad you've had a good time. And when are we going to see you over on the "other side" again?

Archived