Rearranging the furniture is it a woman's "thing"?

Pampam

I don't know about other ladies on this forum ,but when I'm out of sorts or a bit faffed off I tend to rearrange the furniture, my husband says its a woman "thing" or I once read somewhere its when there's something you can't control ,you shift your furniture cos it's something you can:anybody else like this or am I alone in my freakyness?? Pp:)

(lol) (lol) A girl after my own heart >:-) I just cant understand anyone that has the furniture in the same place year after year????????

It was a joke in house when we were younger ;-) my O.H used to say " I couldn't walk into our bedroom in the dark !! she keeps moving the bed~" (lol)

Now Ive moved things around to accommodate the ~Christmas tree !! and I might just leave it like this for a while !! minus tree of course >:-) but there again I might not!!

My favorite though is moving the equipment around in the kitchen O.H is lost in there. (lol)

Did you say its a sign of frustration?????? ;-)

I dont know if its being able to take control over something when you are living with something you can't control :but if I'm fed up I always enjoy shifting the furniture round : I even do it in the van ...dinette table up / down ,bunks in /out,cushions here /there,rugs up/ down ,I love it ! my mum had the same furniture in the same position all the time I was growing up ...I don't know how she did it it would have driven me potty: Mmm might think of candles except my husband has banned them after I was a bit careless with a tea towel and nearly burnt house down:pp:) .... I wafted it onto a tea light!

My hubby has banned oil burners !! mind you I couldn't believe how much washing down window frames/walls even wallpaper had a coating of black >:-( you couldn't see it either I just noticed my marble on the fireplace had a streak !! when I got the dish cloth to it it came off filthy >:-( and that started an early sping clean! so never again.

Candles I very rarely light them although I have them in ornaments :-) I did though on Christmas day only to have my daughter-in-law grab the snuffer I have on the hearth and put a couple out that started flaring up!! so I wont be lighting them in a hurry. A couple of firemen knocked on the door abut a month ago to test our smoke alarm, they replaced it with a new one, they asked me about my candles and said you wouldn't go to bed with them alight would you ? not likely, but there is a lot of fires started by candles they said.

No my Mam didn't move furniture either >:-) but her 6 daughters did (lol) and painted wardrobes while she was out shopping (lol)

• 2 weeks later...

We used to love burning scented candles - Vanilla was my favourite - but we stopped when we read that some candles can give off high concentrations of carcinogens! 8-)

Having given up smoking over 20 years ago - the last thing we want is death by candles!!

Oh dear i to like rearranging things in our van,partner goes out and everything has moved when he gets back! Usually happens when i'm hoovering i get what partner calls a neat on.Also got three fake candles at xmas and they are really good,so i really hope its not just a womans thing lol (lol)

The boss is always finding new places to store stuff and re arranging the furniture, not just re arranging in the same room mind, shifting stuff from room to room. and as for the drawers in the bedroom, the airing cupboard and the wardrobe I give up.

I'm sure it's so that when I can't find something, say, in the kitchen she can accuse me of never going in there!

capcloser - 2014-01-18 11:47 AM

Oh dear i to like rearranging things in our van,partner goes out and everything has moved when he gets back! Usually happens when i'm hoovering i get what partner calls a neat on.Also got three fake candles at xmas and they are really good,so i really hope its not just a womans thing lol (lol)

O.H bought me two of those artificial candles :-D have you needed to buy replacement batteries yet??

ridiculous price !! only the small ones but a lot in each candle (cant remember 4or5 ) I could have bought loads of tea lights for that. (lol)

Retread24800 - 2014-01-18 12:52 PMThe boss is always finding new places to store stuff and re arranging the furniture, not just re arranging in the same room mind, shifting stuff from room to room. and as for the drawers in the bedroom, the airing cupboard and the wardrobe I give up.

I'm sure it's so that when I can't find something, say, in the kitchen she can accuse me of never going in there!

We have to do something to keep your brains active (lol) my O.H can never find anything anyway !! and of course HE hasn't moved it *-)AND I find it very annoying when he takes it on himself!!! to move things BACK >:-) thats MY department !! his is the Garage and shed. (lol)

Guest pelmetman

Well yes and no. Yes I like rearranging the furniture but then so does Dave, trouble is we rearrange it then put it back in the place it was.

BUT don't get me on to curtains.................................they have to be arranged JUST SO, if on the odd occasion I draw them its a major operation to get them back into the original pleats. It gets quite embarrassing when we are invited round to some ones and I see him leaning back in his chair checking on the tracking, etc of curtains etc, have even known him to get up and rearrange someones curtains because they are not quite right 8-)

SUE

The fake candles were a prezzie but i cheekily looked on amazon and they were about £25! They are rechargeable so ok so far,the box claims 10 hrs charge for 10 hrs use and they have lasted longer cos i forgot to turn them off the other night.Talking about curtains when we picked up the trailer it had fake curtains,if thats what they are called,they look like curtains but you cant move em,window covering was venetian blinds,horrible things so we've changed them for roller blinds,sad to say after first reading this thread i had a little move about in here,i must be going mad lol (?)

Colin Leake - 2014-01-18 7:58 PM

We have a couple of settees that are so heavy we can't move them on our own and if you can't move them you can't move the rest of the furniture. We did not appreciate how heavy they were when we bought them but it certainly solves the problem.

NAH >:-) my suite is solid oak frame and leather weighs a flippin ton but that doesn't stop me !! my coffee table is the same needs two to move it or the carpet rucks when you move it >:-) I have a method!!! move one end across then tuther and so forth until the rug is cleared (lol) then PUSHHHHHHH for all your worth before HE hears me and comes up with " Don't you complain to me when you put your back out" all 5'1& !/2 of me .

You can just see one of the armchairs legs beside the dogs in avatar.

Archived