Santander Ferry 3 Jan

johnnerontheroad

Mike88 - 2014-01-05 12:02 PM

DavyS - 2014-01-05 12:24 PM

Well John will be on the ferry today so wonder how it worked out.

In terms of survival, the ferry is probably a million (literally) times safer than driving down through France with windscreen wipers at full speed in torrential rain.

An earlier post stated that he had delayed departure until 10 January. Wise move. My house overlooks the channel and it's rough out there.

Yes not going until 10th also Sundays ferry was moved forward so would of had to drive from Durham to Portsmouth in the winds not much fun.

"Portsmouth to Bilbao / Bilbao to Portsmouth

Sunday 5th Jan - We are sorry to advise that due to the adverse weather conditions the sailing to Bilbao on Sunday at 22h30 has been brought forward and has a new departure time tomorrow morning 04/01/14 at 11h00 and your booking will automatically be transferred to this sailing. Please call 0870 333 1101 to confirm that this new date and time is acceptable.

Tuesday 7th Jan - We are sorry to advise that due to the adverse weather conditions the sailing from Bilbao on 07/01/14 at 10h30 has been brought forward and has a new departure time on Sunday 05/01/14 at 17h00 and your booking will automatically be transferred to this sailing. Please call 0044 870 333 1101 to confirm that this new date and time is acceptable"

Just feel sorry for those in Spain bit short notice to get to the return ferry if you are in southern Spain.

I think we made the right decision to move to Friday even if it did cost me £25 for the privilege.

Dave

Iain Strachan - 2014-01-11 1:58 PM

Sending this from a flat calm bay of biscay, we left on time, so guess we were very lucky and I can save those sea sick pills for the way back!

Cheers

Iain

I'm pleased for you. Seasickness sounds like a terrible experience. Have a good time, though I'm sure you don't need telling.... ;-)

Archived