spanish for "diesel" please

chris

Hi Chris,

Spanish for diesel is gasoleo. There are three grades of diesel - premium gasoleo, gasoleo A and gasoleo B. (You can tell which is which by the price - premium gasoleo is most expensive and gasoleo B is cheapest). You want gasoleo A for your motorhome - gasoleo B is for agricultural vehicles, so don't use that!

Spanish for unleaded petrol is Sin Plomo.

As a general rule ( though not always) diesel has a black delivery hose, and petrol has a green delivery hose.

If you are travelling by motorway try not to buy diesel at motorway services - you will pay well over the odds - try to find diesel just off the motorway - it will be much cheaper.

Hope you have a great time in Spain - the roads are nice and quiet and usually very well surfaced - enjoy. :-D

Cervantes - 2014-01-04 10:23 PM

Hi Chris,

Spanish for diesel is gasoleo. There are three grades of diesel - premium gasoleo, gasoleo A and gasoleo B. (You can tell which is which by the price - premium gasoleo is most expensive and gasoleo B is cheapest). You want gasoleo A for your motorhome - gasoleo B is for agricultural vehicles, so don't use that!

Spanish for unleaded petrol is Sin Plomo.

As a general rule ( though not always) diesel has a black delivery hose, and petrol has a green delivery hose.

If you are travelling by motorway try not to buy diesel at motorway services - you will pay well over the odds - try to find diesel just off the motorway - it will be much cheaper.

Hope you have a great time in Spain - the roads are nice and quiet and usually very well surfaced - enjoy. :-D

Thanks for your post Brian. I had reflected during the night that what if some garage just used any hose that was availability and connected black hose to petrol and just by sods law the OP used that pump. Again the hoses are of different diameter and I would imagine different materials so hopefully not possible. I would also agree not to purchase fuel at motorway fuel stations as they are the same as uk, very expensive.

Guest pelmetman

As an aside to this thread ;-)............I have used mainly the expensive stuff on this trip 8-).............and it has made the hills less of a slog with the trailer on the back............even got the top in top gear occasionally :D........

Plus the motor sounds quieter and have more Oomph ;-).......

Guest pelmetman
Frankkia - 2014-01-05 9:13 PM

Or as the Spanish say: Que era mas barato antes de que nos unimos al euro!

They need a UKIP party :D.........

Frankkia - 2014-01-05 10:13 PM

Or as the Spanish say: Que era mas barato antes de que nos unimos al euro!

Translated ....Which was cheaper before we join the euro

And there roads have never been so good since they joined the euro......

Brian

Frankkia - 2014-01-06 12:46 PM

I agree. But have you noticed that they no sooner have the road made, using Euro funds, than they dig 'em up again to put in cables or pipes and they are back to being a mess again 'cos they never put 'em back properly!

No!

Brambles - 2014-01-06 3:14 PM

Frankkia - 2014-01-06 12:46 PM

I agree. But have you noticed that they no sooner have the road made, using Euro funds, than they dig 'em up again to put in cables or pipes and they are back to being a mess again 'cos they never put 'em back properly!

No!

Succinct, Brambles

:-D

Archived