Anyone need a good set of drill bits etc ....

Mel B

I got one of these sets as an early 'Christmas present' to myself and I must say it is an excellent piece of kit and I made good use of it when I was sorting out my kitchen units before Christmas, they are only £5 and you can pick up in store for nothing - they were a lot more than this originally so if you need some drill bits, hole saw etc, it is well worth the price:

screwfix drill bits etc

screwfix.jpg.9dd83ba2d78f6ad98736ebdda900af4e.jpg

These are a good price and for light hobby use will be fine but please bear in mind they are hobby tools not professional kit. I'm not trying to demean your posting Mel, far from it but its worth saying that you need to go farily light on the workload with drills of this price bracket. In my experience they are either soft and blunt easily or too hard and snap too readily. For occasional use they'll be fine but if you're hard on them they'll let you down.

Worth a fiver to have an emergency set in the van perhaps along with a cheapy battery drill.

D.

Dave Newell - 2014-01-08 7:26 PM

These are a good price and for light hobby use will be fine but please bear in mind they are hobby tools not professional kit. I'm not trying to demean your posting Mel, far from it but its worth saying that you need to go farily light on the workload with drills of this price bracket. In my experience they are either soft and blunt easily or too hard and snap too readily. For occasional use they'll be fine but if you're hard on them they'll let you down.

Worth a fiver to have an emergency set in the van perhaps along with a cheapy battery drill.

D.

I'd agree with that; and make sure you wear eye protection!

be safe

alan b

Archived