Dogs

seadog

In the car I use a "hammock" with loops over the front and rear head rests.this provides a secure compartment for both dogs. Quite cheap, and washable, containing any dog hairs and mud.

Depending on your layout you could consider such an arrangement which means they don't get tangled up with their harnesses and keeping them off the upholstery.

hallii - 2014-01-10 3:02 PM

derek pringle - 2014-01-10 9:27 AM

Hi,

Pity somebody doesn't design a sort of ' bike rack ' for dogs. Safety and fresh air.

cheers

derek (lol)

Surely a roof rack would be better? A couple of ratchet straps and all is secure :-D

H

... I can just imagine their lugs flapping in the wind ... :D

Billggski - 2014-01-09 2:09 PM

I bought a retractable cargo net for an estate car from a well known on line auction site and the dogs are on the lower transverse rear bunk with it pulled up. They have a rear window to look out of which is slightly open for ventilation. The net rolls up into itself automatically when not in use.

I tried several ways of restraining them, and actually chose the layout with the dogs in mind.

(a K9 door barrier is a brilliant accessory)

They actually have the best bed in the MH!

We intended the dogs to travel in the rear garage when we initially got our van, But then started to think what would happen if someone ran into the back of the van, it is a CB so even less structural strength than in a car :(

So now they get to use the garage when we are parked up,the love it when the door is open so they can watch the world go by. They have access from the garage into the main living area so it works well.

Archived