driving licence

wardy

driving licence  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

sold house ( renting now) selling business this year nearly done,got motorhome and we hope to go

full timing later this year, how do you go on about address on driving licence and reg doc if you have not got

permanent address, somebody must have done this can anybody help please.

We have friends who 'Full Time' they bought a flat, that their son rents and lives in, They are on the electoral role there, and get all of their mail, Insurance docs etc., sent there.

Think it is wise to have a 'Fall back' posistion, in case of ill-health, accident etc., Otherwise you are 'burning your bridges' if it ever gets 'Tedious' and it can......so I am reliably informed.

Ray

By the way, see it's your first Post, Welcome to the 'Madhouse'.

teflon2 - 2014-01-11 6:52 PM

Find out how travellers do it and do the same then the authorities will love you. John (lol) 8-)

Do the "travellers" bother with things like driving licences, vehicle tax, or insurances?

As others have advised, you need to have a "permanent address" or you wont be able to Insurance, you cant renew you driving licence as when you change address, you have to notify them of your new address, failure to notify is an offence I beleive.. That also would lead to insurance being invalid if you havent notified Insurer of your "new address". I f you new address in reality is overseas, then your insurance is probably a problem as insurance rates for uk driving would be different to full time on the continent.

Giving a "permanent address" in uk and then not in practice being there is surely close to if not actually fraud, which inevitably would lead to null and void everything you had used the address for.

What about your bank account, building society account, passport, etc, all require a "contact address".

Full time abroad also requires you to register locally, so Dropping out and disappearing is fraught with difficulties..medical arrangements..ehic card etc all require address details, .

what about the Tax man, pension payments, debit and credit card renewals when appropriate etc, the list goes on and on.

Good luck if you can find a way to disappear and hope you enjoy the anonimity.

tonyg3nwl

Regulars on here will know that me and partner full time here in the uk in a fifth wheeler,we simply use my mums adress for everything never had a problem except when the council queried her council tax discount,i simply told them it was a care of adress and they were ok.The other problem was with work on a snowy day,mums house is very close to my factory so one day when i couldnt get in they wouldnt pay me cos i could have walked in! The reality was i was 5 miles away in a 2ft snowdrift! I always think what people dont know dont bother them so all is well.And welcome to the forum :-)

It is a thought that many of us have had at one time or another. However, in my opinion it is a situation that is very easy to enter but can be much harder to leave. I am thinking not so much going full timing but when you decide you wish to re-enter the system again for whatever reason. That is when things can be a bit tricky unless you have done all your homework. I am assuming that finance for this venture is not an issue and I do hope that the sale of the house was not part of the funding. You need to keep sufficient capital to be able to set yourself up again if the situation arises, as it will eventually. Do ensure that a good accountant has gone through everything you wish to do and given correct advice on how to leave and re-enter the system. The last thing you ever want is for the taxman to decide you are worth investigating as that can take years and a lot of money to sort out. All I can say is 'been there, done it'. I am assuming the OP is not planning on staying in his local area, or why do it, and therefore there may be occasions when either partner has to return home for whatever reason. Driving back may not be practical so you need to arrange accommodation, unless you wish to use a hotel. We had a friend whose mother took very sick and she had to come home quickly and as she, in her case, had rented the house, had to stay with friends and relatives for quite a long time, and it was stressful. Medical and dental cover may also be something you need to cover

wardy - 2014-01-11 12:41 PM

sold house ( renting now) selling business this year nearly done,got motorhome and we hope to go

full timing later this year, how do you go on about address on driving licence and reg doc if you have not got

permanent address, somebody must have done this can anybody help please.

Ask your questions on here http://www.motorhome365.com/forum/ lots of full-timers on there who know the in and outs and not hear say.

Dave

Archived