spain here we come

audgreen

A word of warning about tolls in Spain, we travelled down in the Autumn and were intending to use the toll road from Pamplona due south .........after paying a total of 19€ before we'd even got as far as Zaragoza we came off and did the rest on ordinary roads, whether it was a short lived offer or whether this is what is normally done, we noticed that the tolls for cars (which includes our campervan) were substantially higher than the tolls for lorries, it was actually more than twice as much. I don't know whether it was just this stretch but be warned.

we did Portsmouth to Bilbao last Feb. came off boat to snow blizzard,we only managed about 40/50 miles and had to stop overnight in garage because of driving snow n icy roads, we were heading to our place nr. Benidorm, I cant say we enjoyed any part of the journey, having previously on numerious occasions driven the m/home down thru france. ( we prefer this route) I would say plan ur stops early and maybe take in other parts of spain in and around costa blanca where weather will b much better than costa brave that will be cold at that time of year, and a lot of places closed. their session seems to be April to October. Please don't be put off, on our visit abroad with motor home 10/12 years ago. we just went no route no plans and although a few mistakes had a great time, U have plenty time, ENJOY. :-D

• 3 weeks later...
arrived at les medes today. Stopped a couple of times on way. Crossing not too bad just raining a lot. Weather here today was in the 20's so great. electric connection keeps tripping (only small fridge on) Are using gas tonight but otherwise all good. see you soon

Archived