New Tyre Prices WOW!!!

rolandrat

Out of interest I asked my local National tyre depot for a price for a 215/70 R15 Conti Vanco Camper tyre and was quoted £168 then he said with discount it would be £130 including fitting but he would have to order it as they aren't ex stock. Thankfully I was only curious and didn't need any.

I'm all for shopping around..but for stuff "vehicle related" I like to build up a bit of a "rapport" with my local mechanic(s) and the same goes for my tyre depot/fitters...

I know that if I suspect that I may have a problem, I can just roll up unannounced and they'll take a look there and then...and if it's nothing too major, there's usually no charge...

Whereas if we all just buy "online" and rely on "mobile fitters" and the local tyre depots fold, where are we going to "pop in" to then?... :-S

Guest Had Enough
pepe63 - 2014-01-14 7:51 PM

I'm all for shopping around..but for stuff "vehicle related" I like to build up a bit of a "rapport" with my local mechanic(s) and the same goes for my tyre depot/fitters...

I know that if I suspect that I may have a problem, I can just roll up unannounced and they'll take a look there and then...and if it's nothing too major, there's usually no charge...

Whereas if we all just buy "online" and rely on "mobile fitters" and the local tyre depots fold, where are we going to "pop in" to then?... :-S

Absolutely right. But when it comes to saving a few quid people can be very short sighted I'm afraid. I have a superb tyre dealer and, as you say, I can nip in and he'll sort out a problem. Twice a year I call in and he swaps my wheels for the ones with winter tyres on and charges a very small sum.

I'd miss him if he were forced out of business by everyone buying online.

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2014-01-14 8:03 PMI can nip in and he'll sort out a problem. Twice a year I call in and he and charges a very small sum.

I'd miss him if he were forced out of business by everyone buying online.

Priceless for sorting out your rear end.........................eh Frank? ;-)...........

Edit to say...................do you ever feel the need for a multi functional pouffe? :->

Archived