Covers

Pete-B

I have used a Pro Tec cover on my van since it was new. it keeps the van in pristine condition, causing no damage to paint or windows thanks to it's fleece lining . I heartily recommend one. Expensive but cheaper than a garage or storage.

Guest pelmetman
p0930 - 2014-01-14 9:36 PM

I have used a Pro Tec cover on my van since it was new. it keeps the van in pristine condition, causing no damage to paint or windows thanks to it's fleece lining . I heartily recommend one. Expensive but cheaper than a garage or storage.

Not quite ;-)................as the 40k I spent on a garage added 80k to the property value :D..............

Pete-B - 2014-01-14 7:06 PM

Hi,

Just thinking about the possibility of getting a full cover for my Bessie. Not really knowing anything about them or the pro's and con's I just wondered if anyone could pass on some recommendations and or advice.

Thanks for that.

I too used a protec cover on a previous van, agree, no damage to the van, but the cover can wear quite quickly on the corners and on any bits that 'Stick out', protec do (or used to) give you a square of spare material for 'patching up' , which i used a few times. We get very high winds here.

Keeps the 'dreaded' green algae from forming on the roof. But beware of Roof 'Rock pools' of collected rainwater, they can be VERY heavy, I used beach balls on the roof, to always give a 'fall away' off of the roof. Can't speak for any other brand, and there are quite a few, some very cheap. Ray

pelmetman - 2014-01-14 9:40 PM

..Expensive but cheaper than a garage or storage.

Not quite ;-)................as the 40k I spent on a garage added 80k to the property value :D..............

But Dave, judging by that photo that you posted not so long back, yours isn't a garage, it's a light industrial unit!.. (lol)

pepe63 - 2014-01-15 11:37 AM

But Dave, judging by that photo that you posted not so long back, yours isn't a garage, it's a light industrial unit!.. (lol)

...and I thought that property prices in 'deprived' :-) areas like Lincolnshire were depressed?

Don't see the average Lincolnshire semi leaping up in value due to the addition of a garage, tho if you're paying business rates........ :-)

Guest pelmetman
bolero boy - 2014-01-15 2:41 PM

pepe63 - 2014-01-15 11:37 AM

...and I thought that property prices in 'deprived' :-) areas like Lincolnshire were depressed?

Don't see the average Lincolnshire semi leaping up in value due to the addition of a garage, tho if you're paying business rates........ :-)

The garage we have now came with the house, I just built an internal workshop ;-)............the garage that cost 40k was in Essex and 30' long and included a guest wing :->............

PS I do pay business rates...........or rather I would be if George hadn't suspended them to help out us poor self employed oikes ;-)................although I suspect the £13 a month I would be paying, is unlikely to make much of a dent in the UK's debt mountain :D

DSCN0076web.jpg.44e05f2e138b4e4ab1a7944909679550.jpg

Archived