still in garage

capcloser

Pick up is still in garage,had it back over xmas but was warned turbo was noisy so failure could damage the new engine i paid £4500 for plus £1200 garage bill so we decided not to use it.Turbo should have been done last week but supplier needed a number off it and the only way to see number was to remove turbo,this was done wednesday this week,turbo will be delivered friday but garage cant fit us in until the end of next week.Its a nissan navara and we have since found out they have a history of engine failure so we may look for a different tow vehicle this year.Oh and engine supplier said they were swamped with work at the moment because of the floods! So another week to go we can finally see light on the horizon.And turbo was only another £450 plus fitting lol

donna miller - 2014-01-16 5:23 PM

Navara engine problems were typically with the earlier D22 models. Turbo's are not Nissan items so a bit unfair to cite them for that.

The later D40 Aventura has the 183BHP engine and is the most powerful of the twin cab pick up range. It can be chipped to give over 200BHP.

We too have heard of engine issues with the Navara (Sorry to hear of yours Capcloser) - what double cab do you recommend Donna - my son will be getting one in the next month or two. A friend (a farrier) has a Ford Ranger Double Cab (Mazda underneath?) and have to say - I am mightily impressed.

If he gets one I can have my Disco back as he keeps using it with our trailer - it has been fantastic with all the flood water - but with a 4x4 Double Cab and Trailer he could almost double his carrying capacity as well as have something that with a bit of a clean would still be OK for private leisure use.

We have heard Isuzu's have similar engine issues?

Hooray garage phoned today and navara is ready,new engine,clutch and turbo,gonna get it back tomorrow,garage reckons we need to oil change every 3000 miles cos we tow a fifth wheeler,cant wait to get it back! Very grateful to kind lady at work who has let us use her sons car for over a month now,but i wont miss it its tiny,gives me back ache,and its so small its difficult to get in and out,you have to be a ninja to exit the thing! Still been handy though otherwise stuffed for getting to work and she wont take a thing,we stopped offering cos she was adamant,will leave a full tank for her and give it a clean.

CliveH - 2014-01-16 5:54 PM

A friend (a farrier) has a Ford Ranger Double Cab (Mazda underneath?) and have to say - I am mightily impressed.

Friend of mine has been using Rangers for years as company vehicle, he works for agri company and clocks up mega mileages with heavy looads and trailers.

Archived