Hankook Tyres

ChasB

Hankook markets two versions of Vantra LT RA18 in 215/75 R16C size.

One is 8-ply-rated with a Load Index of 113/111 and the other is 10-ply-rated with a Load Index of 116/114.

Hankook's UK website has a tyre-labelling search capabilty and (for the above RA18 sizes) this produces two sets of labelling data for each tyre. For the 10-ply-rated 116/114 version these are B/B/70dB or E/C/70dB. For the 8-ply-rated 113/111 version these are C/B/70dB or E/C/70dB.

No explanation is provided about why there are these labelling variations.

Derek Uzzell - 2014-01-25 9:59 AM

colin - 2014-01-24 9:26 PM

Steve928 - 2014-01-24 8:28 PM

I wonder what hancook themselves say.

B/B/70 or C/C/70 depending on which version of tyre you choose,

Could you expand on that statement, pleaseet.)

Not realy, as I'm just surmising from the website at moment. I am waiting for a reply from Hankook as I will proboly need new fronts by the end of year, and am not that impressed with the Conti's on the van or my new Suzi, both show poor grip in cold wet conditions, in fact only yesterday was reversing the van in yard of 'new house' when one wheel just uselessly spun much to my surprise, it was only an accidental prod on the throtle which activated the asr which got me moving, Suzi is not much better, in cold damp conditions it easily spins up a wheel in two wheel drive and I find myself automatically engaging 4x4 at some junctions.

Following discussion on this thread about the 'EU labelling' data for Hankook RA18 tyres, I e-mailed Hankook and asked which set of data (two are offered on the Hankook website) was correct for the 225/75R16 C 121/120Q Vantra LT RA18 ChasB (the original poster) was considering buying. The reply was as follows:

"Concerning 225/75R16 C 121/120Q Vantra LT RA18, this specification will only be available in the UK stock inventory.

The label grades for this tyre will be RR=B / WG =B / Noise (2 wave bar) = 70db.

Variation in label grades are for the differences in the size dimensions, different factories etc."

When there are two sets of EU-labelling data provided for a tyre by the Hankook website (as seems to be the norm), I don't know if it would be safe to assume that - for Hankook tyres marketed in the UK - the 'best' set of data would apply. If there is doubt, or if it's intended to use the EU-labelling data comparatively when making a tyre-buying decision, it would be wise to check with Hankook.

Is that the same spec tyre that Pro-Mibil tested, I wonder? Someone commented above that their Hankooks were made in China, whereas the European factory is, I think, in Poland or Hungary?

Hankook appear to be saying that only tyres they supply from their UK depot will be to the B-B-70 specification. So, if supplied through an alternative source, the lower spec may apply. Some on-line suppliers sell Europe wide, some major retailers are owned by tyre companies (ATS by Michelin, for example), so may not take their stock exclusively through the UK depot.

It seems Derek's advice to check, but also to check where the tyres are coming from, is wise if the benefits of the higher specification are wanted.

• 1 month later...

Hi,had a set of 4 Hankooks fitted today. I had hoped that as they have a db rating of 70 they would be a little quieter but there is no discernable difference to the old tyres. The ride is a lot better though, nowhere near as much vibration and a much 'softer ' feel to the ride. The tyres that came off were michelin camper on the front, one dated 01( probably the original spare)the other 07 ,the two rears, avons dated 44 09. The tyre with the least amount of cracks on the sidewalls was the 01 Michelin(possibly spent most of its life underneath the m/h out of the sun. The two Avons looked the worst for cracking even though they were the newest. The tyre fitter commented that Avons did seem to crack more than many other brands. All the tyres had plenty of tread left on them,I just changed them because of age.

Regards David

davidmac - 2014-03-05 7:47 PM

Hi,had a set of 4 Hankooks fitted today. I had hoped that as they have a db rating of 70 they would be a little quieter but there is no discernable difference to the old tyres...

As explained here

https://www.national.co.uk/complete-guide-to-tyre-labelling/

the dB-rating on a tyre's label relates to the EXTERNAL noise the tyre makes. This doesn't necessarily translate to one tyre sounding quieter than another when the noise is heard from within a vehicle.

Unless there's a vast variation in the amount of noise a replacement tyre produces, it will be extremely difficult for a driver to know whether replacement tyres will be noisier than their predecessors once the replacements have been 'run in'. And, once the replacements have been run in (say, after 1000 miles have passed) I'm doubtful if anyone will be able to remember exactly how noisy the previous tyres were so that a valid judgement can be made - certainly I can't.

mike 202 - 2014-01-22 11:41 AM

Hi,

I sent an E-mail to Chris Baxter at ----- cbaxter@hankooktyres.co.uk. giving full details of original fitment from new Hankook RA08, weighbridge axels fully loaded, model both base and converter, year etc. I received the following very comprehensive reply. Will be fitting a new set of RA18 in March 2014.

Yes Mike- I agree.I had received a similar response from Hankook which went further and adamantly told me that the RA18's were NOT suitable for my Motorhome .My vehicle is different to yours in that it is a 3400kgs Fiat 15 base chassis with rear axle limit of 1900kgs. Building in the recommended 10% safety margins Hankook clearly stated the RA 18S were not suitable .

It is interesting to note that some Fiat Motorhomes are coming from the factory with Bridgestones R630's and Continental Vanco C fitted - what are we supposed to take from that. ? They are not 80psi rated tyres .

DAVLINS - 2014-03-06 1:10 PM

mike 202 - 2014-01-22 11:41 AM

Hi,

I sent an E-mail to Chris Baxter at ----- cbaxter@hankooktyres.co.uk. giving full details of original fitment from new Hankook RA08, weighbridge axels fully loaded, model both base and converter, year etc. I received the following very comprehensive reply. Will be fitting a new set of RA18 in March 2014.

Yes Mike- I agree.I had received a similar response from Hankook which went further and adamantly told me that the RA18's were NOT suitable for my Motorhome .My vehicle is different to yours in that it is a 3400kgs Fiat 15 base chassis with rear axle limit of 1900kgs. Building in the recommended 10% safety margins Hankook clearly stated the RA 18S were not suitable .

It is interesting to note that some Fiat Motorhomes are coming from the factory with Bridgestones R630's and Continental Vanco C fitted - what are we supposed to take from that. ? They are not 80psi rated tyres .

Depends what you call a "motorhome".

At the recent NEC Show I noticed that some new Fiat-based Ducato panel-van conversions (PVCs) were shod with Bridgestone tyres, which did not surprise me one bit. All the 'coachbuilt' Ducato-based motorhomes I looked at had Continental VancoCamper CP-marked tyres (which, again, was just what I would have expected).

It may well be that some Ducato-based PVCs at the NEC Show had non-Bridgestone C-marked tyres or had CP-marked tyres, or that some coachbuilt Ducato-based motorhomes had C-marked tyres rather than CP-marked ones. (I didn't study all the PVCs' or coachbuilts' tyres - even my geekiness has limits!) But, as a general rule, anyone buying a new Ducato-based PVC should anticipate it having C-marked tyres and anyone buying a new Ducato-based 'coachbuilt' should anticipate it having CP-marked tyres.

Fiat's current Ducato Owner Handbook details what rim/tyre sizes/types are provided. The Ducato versions are divided into "Ducato (except recreational)" or Ducato (recreational), with the former versions being provided with C-marked tyres and the latter versions with CP-marked tyres. The meaning of "recreational" in this case is not defined, but there's little doubt that it equates (in UK motorhome parlance) to "coachbuilt".

The Owner Handbook also states that "If using class C tyres on a Camping vehicle, always use wheels with a metal inflation valve. When replacing, it is always advisable to use Camping tyres". The implication of this is that C-marked tyres CAN be used on motorhomes, though Fiat advises that CP-marked tyres should be fitted.

Derek Uzzell - 2014-03-06 2:21 PM

".

The Owner Handbook also states that "If using class C tyres on a Camping vehicle, always use wheels with a metal inflation valve. When replacing, it is always advisable to use Camping tyres". The implication of this is that C-marked tyres CAN be used on motorhomes, though Fiat advises that CP-marked tyres should be fitted.

Which is confusing in itself Derek don't you think. My 2005 handbook states exactly what you quote ie Fiat recommend replacing CP tyres with CP tyres. You would think that if C marked tyres were NOT suitable for Coachbuilt Motorhomes then they would specifically say so . They don't but Hankook state specifically that their RA 18 is not suitable for my vehicle type. Continental do not make the same assertion - they advised that as long as the 215/70R/15 spec is replaced with a similar spec tyre then there was no need to go for the CP tyre.( I had been seeking their advice re their Conti All Season tyre). It is a hell of a size of vehicle to take a chance with so at the end of all this Michelin will probably be my choice now - reluctant as I am.

Derek Uzzell - 2014-03-06 9:03 AM

Hi,had a set of 4 Hankooks fitted today. I had hoped that as they have a db rating of 70 they would be a little quieter but there is no discernable difference to the old tyres...

As explained here

the dB-rating on a tyre's label relates to the EXTERNAL noise the tyre makes. This doesn't necessarily translate to one tyre sounding quieter than another when the noise is heard from within a vehicle.

Unless there's a vast variation in the amount of noise a replacement tyre produces, it will be extremely difficult for a driver to know whether replacement tyres will be noisier than their predecessors once the replacements have been 'run in'. And, once the replacements have been run in (say, after 1000 miles have passed) I'm doubtful if anyone will be able to remember exactly how noisy the previous tyres were so that a valid judgement can be made - certainly I can't.

I have a decibel meter app on my Ipod that I used for comparison . The readings were 72@tickover,85@2000rpm, both stationary, 95@1950rpm,50mph.The trip to and from the tyre centre came out both the same.I had to use the Ipod app and write it down otherwise it would have all gone out of my head by next week

Regards David

P.S. Will try and put some extra soundproofing in and around the cab area in the next couple of weeks .

DAVLINS - 2014-03-06 2:56 PM

".

Which is confusing in itself Derek don't you think. My 2005 handbook states exactly what you quote ie Fiat recommend replacing CP tyres with CP tyres. You would think that if C marked tyres were NOT suitable for Coachbuilt Motorhomes then they would specifically say so . They don't but Hankook state specifically that their RA 18 is not suitable for my vehicle type. Continental do not make the same assertion - they advised that as long as the 215/70R/15 spec is replaced with a similar spec tyre then there was no need to go for the CP tyre.( I had been seeking their advice re their Conti All Season tyre). It is a hell of a size of vehicle to take a chance with so at the end of all this Michelin will probably be my choice now - reluctant as I am.

Fiat's Ducato-related advice is that, when replacing tyres on a "camping vehicle" it is always advisable to use 'camping' tyres. Hankook's Chris Baxter told mike-202 that, if camping tyres have been specified by the vehicle manufacturer, then camping tyre should be used as replacements. I'm pretty sure that, if you asked Continental whether they would advise fitting VancoCamper or C-marked Vanco-2 tyres as replacement tyres for a motorhome fitted originally with 'camping' tyres, they'd recommend VancoCampers.

Seems straightforward enough to me - if a motorhome starts life with 'camping' tyres, fit 'camping' tyres as replacements. Where's the confusion?

davidmac - 2014-03-06 3:25 PM

Derek Uzzell - 2014-03-06 9:03 AM

As explained here

I have a decibel meter app on my Ipod that I used for comparison . The readings were 72@tickover,85@2000rpm, both stationary, 95@1950rpm,50mph.The trip to and from the tyre centre came out both the same.I had to use the Ipod app and write it down otherwise it would have all gone out of my head by next week

Regards David

P.S. Will try and put some extra soundproofing in and around the cab area in the next couple of weeks .

The dB figure on the label of the 6 tyres tested by Pro Mobil magazine was either 70dB or 72dB.

The noise test involved 'coasting' (with the vehicle's engine switched off) at 80km/h on an asphalt surface past a noise-meter. The lowest figure recorded was 71.7dB and the highest 73.4dB. There was no direct relationship between the label figure and the test figure, and the 2nd-highest reading (73.0dB) was for a 70dB-labelled tyre.

Derek Uzzell - 2014-03-06 6:36 PM

DAVLINS - 2014-03-06 2:56 PM

".

Fiat's Ducato-related advice is that, when replacing tyres on a "camping vehicle" it is always advisable to use 'camping' tyres. Hankook's Chris Baxter told mike-202 that, if camping tyres have been specified by the vehicle manufacturer, then camping tyre should be used as replacements. I'm pretty sure that, if you asked Continental whether they would advise fitting VancoCamper or C-marked Vanco-2 tyres as replacement tyres for a motorhome fitted originally with 'camping' tyres, they'd recommend VancoCampers.

Seems straightforward enough to me - if a motorhome starts life with 'camping' tyres, fit 'camping' tyres as replacements. Where's the confusion?

Let me tell you where the confusion emanates from.

1. You seem to have a lot of faith in the Tyremen outlet - well they told me that the Hankook RA 18 would be fine for my vehicle. Their attitude , as with the vast majority of suppliers contacted , was that as long as the tyre is the same size and matches the original load rating and speed rating then the C marked tyre would be suitable.

2. You mention Continental. I contacted them last week re the Conti All Season - they told me that it was ok for my vehicle - in the knowledge that my original tyres were CP tyres

3. I quote the following three posts from this Forum

a. Euroserv -

By the way; Camping tyres are pure snake oil. The load index on the side of the tyre is the 'last word' in terms of load rating and no matter what any of the makers (mainly Conti and Michelin) say; there is no 'extra reserve rating' on a CP tyre or they would stamp a higher rating on the sidewall!

What you can do is buy a higher load rated version of a normal tyre.....

b. Derek Uzzell

" “Your Kon-Tiki 610 is 2004 vintage and 225/70 profile tyres would not have been standard fitment on that model. Its plated overall and axle weights are respectively 3400kg, 1750kg(front) and 1900kg(rear), so a tyre with a 109 Load Index (2060kg axle load maximum) - which a 215/70 R15C tyre can provide - will be adequate.”

4.. Hankook Technical Manager re RA18

This tyre has been designed for commercial vehicle use.

Specification: 215/70R15c 109/107S Vantra LT RA18 Label Grades RR = C / WG=B / W2 (70db)

Max weight (Single wheel ) 1030kgs (Dual wheel) 975kgs /Recommended Rim 6.5 at Max Air Pressure of 65psi/ 4.4bar

manufactured in Hungary and in the main, supplied to Europe and has M+S markings on the sidewall.

With the safety margin of 10% deducted from the loading specification, the front axle limit would be 1854kgs at 65psi

( front axle loading of 1750kgs declared to be the operating weight fully loaded, as the vehicle is to be operated =

Front Axle Tyre Pressures of 57psi /3.75bar)

IF THE REAR AXLE IS SINGLE WHEEL THEN THE LOAD CAPABILITY OF THE TYRE OF 1845 KGS WOULD NOT BE SUITABLE FOR YOUR VEHICLE WITH A REAR AXLLE LOAD RATING OF 1900KGS" -----------------------------------------

Now , as you know the RA 18 has an equal load rating to the original Michelin XC tyres and a higher speed rating. That is where the confusion comes from - and I suggest that more people than me will be equally confused. Camskill are the only tyre outlet so far which have specifically stated that the RA 18 is not suitable for my axle load ratings. They stressed the importance of the CP tyre having a

"reinforced construction which enables the tyre to operate at higher tyre pressure suitable for Motor Home application, compared to a standard commercial tyre."

I rest my case !!

This webpage relates to Michelin's Agilis Camping tyre

Towards the bottom of the webpage is the statement "To ensure the quality and performance of your tyres please download our safety recommendations to learn more about our safety and usage advice."

Within the download-file is the following motorhome-related advice: 

Motorhomes:

Motorhomes require tyres are that are adapted to their conditions of use. In 2003, the ETRTO (European Tyre and Rim Technical Organisation) changed the standard, as well as its recommendations relating to motorhome tyres, and now says "CP-type tyres have been designed to cater for the higher loads imposed by motor-caravans”, and that "it is strongly recommended that motorcaravans are only fitted with CP-tyres”.

At replacement, Michelin strongly recommends the fitting of CP tyres to vehicles originally homologated and fitted with CP tyres.

The load on the tyre must not exceed its maximum limit for any reason, i.e. the load rating must be respected.

The ETRTO also states that, where CP tyres are used on the rear axle (single fitment), they must be inflated to a pressure of 5.5 bar instead of the normal pressure of 4.75 bar for example.

• MICHELIN CP marked tyres are therefore specially designed to be driven at an inflation pressure of 5.5 bar (550 kPa) This higher pressure improves road holding and increases resistance to the challenging driving and usage conditions encountered by motorhomes, especially with regard to loads (occasional static and/or dynamic overload associated with this type of vehicle; considerable rear overhang, load imbalance, high centre of gravity due to highly positioned loads) and long-term periods of disuse.

Fitting tyres that are not adapted to this type of use could lead to:

- poor handling (roll,pitch, yaw, difficulties in road holding)

- in difficult or severe conditions, premature deterioration of tyre components, such as the crown, which could lead to a rapid deflation.

In use: check and adjust if necessary tyre inflation pressures monthly and before any long journey.Under-inflation can be dangerous: for example, for the tyre size 225/70R15 Camping CP, an under-inflation of 0.5 bar/7.2psi (11%) is equivalent to an overload of around 100 kg per tyre.

Overloading (even temporarily) or poor vehicle load distribution can cause premature deterioration of vehicle components and/or tyres and thereby cause damage to persons or property.

• If a change of tyre size is foreseen, a tyre of an equivalent overall diameter should be used and the original load index and speed symbol should be respected (speed and load ratings must be equal to or greater than the original tyres). It is recommended that a tyre professional is consulted for this operation.

•  If the vehicle is parked for a long time, do not leave the tyres under inflated, and always make sure that the inflation pressures are correct before next using the vehicle. Protect tyres from UV radiation, e.g. from sunlight, and use axle stands to avoid tyre contact with cold winter surfaces (concrete, stone ...).

Have the condition of the tread and sidewall checked regularly (for impact damage, cuts, crackingetc...) as well as the condition of the wheels and valves, by a professional.

NOTE: For tyre inflation pressures above 4.5 bar (450 kPa), metal valves appropriate to the pressures must be used.

This forum is not a court of law and I don't really understand what case you are trying to make. I've no idea how many motorcaravanners agonise over tyre choice issues, but I don't.

Your motorhome's tyres are 10 years old and you want M+S-marked replacements. If you believe that the replacement tyres should be CP-marked, then you will need to choose Michelin's "Agilis Camping" pattern because these are the only M+S-marked 'camping' tyres. In fitting Agilis Camping tyres you would be following Michelin's and Hankook's advice, and I'm certain that Continental (or any other tyre manufacturer) would not tell you that Agilis Camping tyres would be unsuitable for your motorhome. 

If you dislike the fact that 215/70 R15 C-marked tyres are cheaper than Agilis Camping, that's just too bad. You want M+S-marked tyres and you believe the tyres should be CP-marked, and meeting those criteria will up the price. Received wisdom is that you should choose 'camping' tyres and I'm certainly not going to attempt to dissuade you from purchasing Agilis Camping, or persuade you to fit a particular other make of tyre. You can discuss this until the cows come home, but it's your choice what replacement tyres you purchase and I believe you now have more than enough information to make that choice.

Derek Uzzell - 2014-03-07 8:15 AM

Derek- Court of Law?

The point I am trying to make is quite simple. There are so many divergent and conflicting opinions from so called experts - who does the amateur believe ?. For example, ATS ( linked with Michelin by the way) will guide you in the direction of Michelin CP tyres . National ( Hankook supplier) on the other hand say that the same speed/load spec C tyre will be suitable. You are correct -Continental did not steer me away from the CP tyre but then again they said that the Vanco All Season tyre was suitable for my needs.

In my way of thinking either a tyre with the same speed and load rating as the original is appropriate or it is not . No ifs or buts . Most of the tyre suppliers say the C tyre will be legal and appropriate. Hankook and Yokohama HQ's disagree with reference to their RA 18 and Y354 respectively.

The Fiat handbook recommends you replace with a CP tyre -however it does not stipulate. If a CP tyre was essential then surely Fiat would stipulate this. Either a CP tyre provides extra essential safety features or it doesn't. Michelin claims it does - but as I say many other suppliers disagree.

Insurance companies also differ. The odd one will stipulate the need for same spec tyres as originally fitted. However most insurance companies do not specify or even make reference in their policies - the onus is simply on the vehicle owner to have appropriate tyres in use. The question then is - "what is appropriate". .

Now with regard to my situation, I have since bought 4 wheels to fit winter tyres - so the M+ S is not an issue for me anymore.. My bottom line is safety irrespective of the cost .Conversely I do not believe in paying over the odds for something that MAY give me something extra. The purpose of my original post was to try and get definitive answers re this.

This forum seems to be equally divided in its opinion however.

I have come to the conclusion that the info one receives from tyre suppliers is unreliable. Even the company you referred to (Tyremen) told me that same spec C tyres were appropriate for my vehicle . Instead I will go with the advice of the tyre manafacturers I have contacted - ie Yokohama and Hankook who have both replied to me saying that their Y354 and RA 18 tyres were NOT suitable for my vehicle despite meeting the 215/70R/ 15 - 109/107 spec .

All I can say after all the dust has settled here is that if the info received from Hankook and Yokohama is correct then there are plenty of vehicles driving down the motorways oblivious of having inappropriate tyres fitted.

The 'commercial tyre' versus 'camping tyre' debate has ground on for years. This is a 2010 forum-thread on the subject

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Tyre-replacement-advice/21026/

and, on the 2nd page, you'll note that I said

"I'm going to suggest that, if a motorcaravanner wants a simple/safe answer as to whether or not he/she should replace 'camping-car' tyres on a like-for-like basis, then the answer is "Yes". Similarly, if he/she asks which axle the new tyres should go on, the simple/safe answer is "the rear axle". And for a "What tyre pressures should I use?" inquiry, the simple/safe answer is "Follow the recommendation in your motorhome's handbook".

I'm certain that the current three manufacturers of 'camping' tyres (Continental, Michelin and Pirelli) would tell you that this type of tyre is more suitable for motorhome usage than a 'commercial' C-marked tyre, but that doesn't mean that C-marked tyres will be unsuitable or inappropriate. Those manufacturers (not just Michelin) would also tell you that their 'camping' tyres provide - for motorhome usage - safety/performance advantages over their 'commercial' tyres.

I'm well aware that UK tyre suppliers' opinions will vary on this, but I've never had much faith in tyre suppliers' opinions when it comes to motorhome-suitable tyres.

Before Michelin began marketing the XC Camping pattern, all motorhomes used 'commercial' tyres. And even after the "CP" labelling standard was introduced in 2003, many large motorhomes (particularly those that were Mercedes- or Ford-based) continued to be factory-fitted with 'commercial' tyres not 'camping' tyres.

A 'commercial' tyre with the same, or higher, Load Index than your XC Camping tyres will be suitable and legal for your Kon-Tiki - no ifs or buts - but a CP-marked tyre should be MORE suitable.

This doesn't seem a difficult concept to handle. You can ride a horse wearing wellington boots or dig the garden in riding boots. It would be sensible to match boot-type with design-usage: nevertheless, either boot type CAN and MAY be worn for either task.

You apparently believe that, because your motorhome was factory-fitted with 'camping' tyres only that type of tyre will be suitable for it, or you believe that 'commercial' C-marked tyres will be unsuitable. You've said that you plan to fit 'cold weather' tyres to your Kon-Tiki. Won't this cause a dilemma for you, as no cold-weather 'camping' tyres are marketed?

Derek Uzzell - 2014-03-07 2:05 PM

This doesn't seem a difficult concept to handle. You can ride a horse wearing wellington boots or dig the garden in riding boots. It would be sensible to match boot-type with design-usage: nevertheless, either boot type CAN and MAY be worn for either task.

You apparently believe that, because your motorhome was factory-fitted with 'camping' tyres only that type of tyre will be suitable for it, or you believe that 'commercial' C-marked tyres will be unsuitable. You've said that you plan to fit 'cold weather' tyres to your Kon-Tiki. Won't this cause a dilemma for you, as no cold-weather 'camping' tyres are marketed?

Derek,-firstly, just a little word of advice. You do tend to come across sometimes as being very patronising. It doesn't suit and it takes the shine off your otherwise interesting info .

Secondly, your analogies are rather off the wall - don't you think ? Ride a horse wearing wellington boots? Well I for one have never seen a horse with wellington boots - really have you ? ( LOL).

Thirdly, re "you apparently believe " comment - I don't believe anything . That is the problem. It is the tyre manufacturers who are adamantly telling me that their C rated tyre are NOT suitable for my vehicle.

Finally, re the cold weather tyres , I am aware that there are no CP winter tyres on the market.That was why I was contacting Continental re their All Season Tyre as an M + S tyre is a must in certain countries after 31st October .For example I travel back from Turkey each year in December via Austria AND Germany - where winter tyres are obligatory and hell mend you if you get caught without them ( very heavy fines ).

DAVLINS - 2014-03-07 3:13 PM

Derek,-firstly, just a little word of advice. You do tend to come across sometimes as being very patronising. It doesn't suit and it takes the shine off your otherwise interesting info...

Sorry about that. It's possibly a justified criticism but, having participated on this forum for some 15 years, it can get tedious going over the same ground (and the same arguments) time and time again. I hear what you say and I'll try harder in future.

As you've now resolved your tyre-related forum inquiries, I'm very happy to call it a day.

Archived