X250/Ducato ; captains chir pedestal covers

snowie

I've Googled and searched ebay; but can't find what I'm looking for.

We have an 08 panelvan conversion.

I've moved the jack etc into the "boot" and I'd like to enclose the underseat pedestals on the front seats of our van, and use the space forthings we use daily, not just when we get a puncture!.

Recently looked at a few new vans in local dealers, and there are some neat solutions around.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a couple?

regards

alan b

Would have thought van seats pretty universal. Have you tried a brakers?

Our seats are enclosed, with a lift out panel at front, but would not want to have to open them every day, as a bit tricky to get to, and stiff to get on and off

PJay

Does your van not have the standard Fiat under seat enclosures, a plastic louvred back that clips into place (difficult to remove) and a hinged front panel that opens downwards. If not you should be able to get a Fiat dealer to order them, probably be some silly price.

Alan, I have removed the trashy plastic holders from underneath the front seats of my X250 Devon Aztec.The left hand (Passenger) seat now has a firm square cushion underneath the seat which when my wife feels the need she pulls forward to act as a footrest. The drivers seat has the orange electric power cable coiled up underneath, and it is very easy to access when standing outside the van ,and can be stored there even when a bit grubby or damp and will dry out when there. At the floor in front of the seats I removed the carpet which was supplied when new as we prefer the original rubber mats which are easier to keep clean. I make sure that the cable under the drivers seat cannot slide forward by securing it with a cycle clip thingy !! Hope this helps. Stewart. :-)

By the way when I got the van new in September 2009 from Devon conversions there were no plastic enclosures underneath the seats, even though their demo van had had them. Otherwise I would gladly have given you them. I did not complain about this at the time as I had many many more serious initial problems with the van which I resolved myself after realising that I was more competent than they were to do so properly, but that is another story.... :-|

Archived