Burstner Mains problem

philparry

Hi, I have a 2010 Burstner Solano, which has been quite happily hooked up over the winter (I have a battery master so both batteries are kept charged up). The mains is connected and the mains light is on, on the control panel, so far, so good. However none of the 220v sockets are working, and when I switch the fridge to mains it isn't working either. It's really odd because I know that 220v is arriving in the van.

I have tried the mains circuit breaker (I think) which was "on", so I switched it off and on again, no difference. Is there another master fuse or circuit breaker? It must be something simple (but too complex for my even simpler mind).

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Guest JudgeMental

"Any suggestions gratefully received."

In centre of camper, roll up left trouser leg, hop on the spot while swirling like a demented dervish, singing Dixie at the top of your voice......Help will soon arrive! :-D

It would be normal for there to be a mains switch with a test button that isolates all power into the vehicle, and at least one other circuit breaker to isolate power out to the individual circuits. These are commonly contained in a small domestic type consumer unit mounted close to the mains socket in the side of the van. However, this arrangement varies according to manufacturer, and both switch and circuit breaker may be combined into a single unit. You really need to consult the Burstner manual for the detail of what has been installed. I would suggest tripping the mains switch via its test button in case only a partial re-set has taken place (though I have no idea why this might be the case!). It is just possible that a connection inside the consumer unit has vibrated loose. If you open the unit to check, don't forget to disconnect the mains cable! :-) Alternatively, it may be that a circuit breaker has failed, though this would be unusual and the presence of the "mains in" indicator on the control panel suggests that the panel is "seeing" mains. Safest way would be to get an electrician to have a look. Be careful!

Normal arrangement the incoming mains goes into and RCD which the output goes to a 10amp double pole MCB both are normally in the same enclosure. Some installations may have two MCB's one feeding the mains sockets another one (possible 5amp) supplying everything else.

You need to get your multimeter out and work your way through the system from the mains input. It is possible you have a faulty RCD of MCB, the light on the panel could possibly still work if the contacts on a breaker were high resistance.

Edit:

Brian always types faster than me. (lol)

Archived