There's moose loose aboot this hoose

Pampam

Has anybody else got the little blighters moved in for the winter, I thought I had ,and have been proved right I've put poison down but I can still here them gnawing away under kitchen cupboard : I've had them before and used humane traps I was catching one every morning (7) but in the end had to get the exterminator in ,I think they just use a stronger poison. I dred to think what the little s.d is chewing thru! I had two in our new cheyanne last year and they made little holes in a lot of things but b&q poison worked on them: these must be tough little bu..ers lol .pp

Try Moth Balls - (if you can get the old type) - they work in the caravan - but I think the old ones are now banned.

We were able to buy a couple of packets when it looked like they were going to be banned - so we still have about half a box.

We find these are the only thing that stops the little sods from overwintering in caravans etc.

Could work in your house if you don't mind smelling like my old Gran (lol)

Guest pelmetman
CliveH - 2014-01-25 1:19 PM

Try Moth Balls - (if you can get the old type) - they work in the caravan - but I think the old ones are now banned.

We were able to buy a couple of packets when it looked like they were going to be banned - so we still have about half a box.

Insider trading Clive? 8-)............................how did you know they were going to ban moth balls? :-S.................Don't let Frank know you have half a box left :-| ...........incriminating evidence ;-)

peter - 2014-01-25 5:49 PM

I'd put down traps, as if the poison kills them, they will rot somewhere and stink your house out.

.... just like we had on Christmas day ... OMG what a stench!!!! 8-) No, it wasn't hubby's cooking!!! (lol)

pelmetman - 2014-01-25 8:37 PM

CliveH - 2014-01-25 1:19 PM

Insider trading Clive? 8-)............................how did you know they were going to ban moth balls? :-S.................Don't let Frank know you have half a box left :-| ...........incriminating evidence ;-)

Our "supplier" (a devious little man - well versed in the dark art of "retail") told us that his "main source" was telling him that the "powers that be" where stopping production and that what was on the shelf was the lot! - So he slipped us two boxes in a plain brown paper bag, "under the counter".

Our thinking is that when Armageddon arrives at least we will be free of moths and mice.

Thanks everyone Clive:- I tried to find old style mothballs last year when I had them in van couldn't find them &was advised to use tumble dryer sheets(cost a fortune) traps and poison also sprayed wheels with jeyes fluid I ended up poisoning the little perishers : Peter:- yes I know poison is horrid way to finish them off and they'll stink ....hopefully they won't stink for long! Derek p :- I have one of those ultrasonic gadgets in garage I don't know if they work?? Melb. :- I think these are mice their droppings are tiny yours was a rat wasn't it hopefully mine will run away to die (NOT) Paul :- had my daughters cat for just over a year an ENORMOUS black one eyed laddo wow he was like a panther an absolute beauty but sadly he's gone to my daughters new house as soon as he left the mice moved in haha pp

When Cosmopolitan Girl or I are at home during the day, if the weather is fine we open the van door to "let it Air a Bit". The Ace Ginger Mouser, Archie, likes to climb in and take a good look round before settling down to a well earned rest. When the van is not open, the space under it is home to the Vicarage Mob, ie Memphis the Tabby he is the size of a small spaniel and The Boss, Archie his loyal assistant, the other tabby, the black and white kitten, the white and black cat, and the litle ginger one. They spend hours under there, and although this area is appareently teeming with rats and mice, we never see any of them. My advice, get a cat.

AGD

Archived