All Men ... please do this survey!!!

Mel B

Guest JudgeMental
pepe63 - 2014-01-31 5:14 PM

Well,after my, *cough* ..check up (UP being the operative word 8-) ), I felt most disheartened..

I didn't even get a second date out of it!....no flowers..no chocolates...nothing!

Not even a "..it's not you, it's me.." txt....

;-)

Ive had one of them!!! how pep's do it for pleasure beyond me! *-)

Im sure the consultant doing it enjoyed my shock & surprise...I nearly put his lights out :-S

I did it, I found the pictures confusing and unfair. I know a prostate gland is not coloured blue for a start, and how come it's so far away from the large bowel when my Doc. can easily reach it with his finger?

Last time the Doc did a "digital examination" he said " No need to worry, unless you feel both hands on your shoulders 8-) ."

Anyway there is a blood test now called PSA, I have it done every 12 months, but you have to ask for it it seems.

H

hallii - 2014-02-08 11:19 AM

I did it, I found the pictures confusing and unfair. I know a prostate gland is not coloured blue for a start, and how come it's so far away from the large bowel when my Doc. can easily reach it with his finger?

Last time the Doc did a "digital examination" he said " No need to worry, unless you feel both hands on your shoulders 8-) ."

Anyway there is a blood test now called PSA, I have it done every 12 months, but you have to ask for it it seems.

H

I didn't have that worry, my GP is female and it was with her insistance that I had a PSA test and again at her insistence that I was referred to Urology. From there on the NHS did what was an excellent job of dealing my localised (key word) prostate cancer. 2.5 years on all OK, 7.5 years to go before I get "signed off".

If you have any signs that things are not right and if you're over 50 have a regular PSA test. Early is best, but not for a funeral. Remember how many men this disease kills, it takes no prisoners.

Caddies104 - 2014-02-08 2:21 PM

When I went to my Doctors he asked why I wanted a PSA test, was very reluctant...perhaps comes out of his budget!!

The situation is that UK Government policy states that all men are entitled to a PSA test in consultation with their GP regarding the pros and cons. Note that it is an entitlement, not something granted by grace or favour of the GP. If you have any resistance to getting the test just tell the GP you have trouble starting to pee and have to get up a lot at night, that should do it!

My GP is very good, he has never refused any of my requests apart from my request to have liposuction combined with a full face lift that is

:-D

H

I have just done the survey. I should have been perfect having just completed four years treatment. That includes initial tests, radiotherapy, and then, because the cancer had slightly left my prostate, three years reverse hormone therapy. I am , hopefully, about to enter pubity for the second time! I was just sixty one when it was diagnosed, and very fit for my age. I had no idea that anything was wrong, as prostate cancer is not painful, unless very advanced. I have had regular blood tests since a TURPS op ten years previously and a slightly raised psa result led to the discovery. I am now in remission, my psa is undetectable, and hopefully will remain so for a very long time!

rogermash - 2014-02-09 4:24 PM

I have just done the survey. I should have been perfect having just completed four years treatment. That includes initial tests, radiotherapy, and then, because the cancer had slightly left my prostate, three years reverse hormone therapy. I am , hopefully, about to enter pubity for the second time! I was just sixty one when it was diagnosed, and very fit for my age. I had no idea that anything was wrong, as prostate cancer is not painful, unless very advanced. I have had regular blood tests since a TURPS op ten years previously and a slightly raised psa result led to the discovery. I am now in remission, my psa is undetectable, and hopefully will remain so for a very long time!

Excellent, my PSA is less than 0.03, which is classed, as you say undetectable. Long may it remain so.

Archived