Smartphone/Tablet - data sharing

candapack

Crap title, as you will see.

I have an android smartphone. I had some photos on it, which I deleted some months ago.

2 weeks ago, I bought an android tablet. Today, I noticed that the photos I had deleted from the phone were in the tablet's gallery. Other photos still on the phone are not on the tablet.

Can someone explain please?

Thanks to Caddies and Capcloser. That's what I thought too, but it's a bit scary!!

When I deleted the photos from my phone (by the way they were of my daughter's cat!), there was nothing to suggest they were being saved on a server somewhere.

Plus, if it's the cloud, why are the current photos not on both devices?

Big Brother is alive and well. If I'm not on this forum again by Saturday, contact my lawyer at 01aaaaaargh. :-D

You don't seem certain what settings your phone has, if it's set to upload to cloud thats what it will do and unless you delete them from there they are still stored, it is after all one of the selling points of cloud that no matter what happens to your devise the data is not lost. At a guess your phone uploads to cloud but doesn't auto synch with it, but you have synched your tablet with it.

colin - 2014-01-31 9:37 AM

You don't seem certain what settings your phone has, if it's set to upload to cloud thats what it will do and unless you delete them from there they are still stored, it is after all one of the selling points of cloud that no matter what happens to your devise the data is not lost. At a guess your phone uploads to cloud but doesn't auto synch with it, but you have synched your tablet with it.

Ah ha! You may be spot on here, as I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. :D

I will investigate further, and involve a young person (daughter).

Thanks,

Archived