Astra 2E The Sequel

Frankkia

johnnerontheroad - 2014-03-03 7:58 PM

Getting SKY News (for what it's worth "Crap") here on the Algarve van next to me getting all his SKY channels with his pay card. Both on Oyster 85cm

Dave

But do 'his Sky channels' include bbc, itv, etc?

We're currently on Marjal in Spain, and can't get any bbc, itv using my 1 metre dish. Can get Pick, Sky news, and lots of other rubbish, but these I can get using the roof mounted Maxview semitronic.

We got all brit tv as far down France as Brive, our next stop at Leucate Plage we'd lost them.

Here at Marjal we get bbc1, bbc2, itv's 1 & 2, via the services bollard.

regards

Allen

Guest JudgeMental
The site we use in benidorm has tapped TV on pitches..how are these dealing with the changes I wonder.....wont be happy if i cant get bit of UK News :-S

Guest JudgeMental
peter - 2014-03-04 5:05 PM

Still got bbc etc at Almafra.

Cheers Peter, when you heading back we are down around 15th April.......

have just heard from site we use and BBC/ITV still in service.....but sites tend to have massive fixed dishes so thats why i guess. Just make sure your TV has an analogue tuner to avoid disappointment!

I have a 1.9 mtr in the garden and lost nothing here in Rojales ( nr Catral/ Marjal Camping )as you say the campsites will have 1.9/2.4mtr dishes ..A few people are getting all on a 1mtr but the safest minimum is a 1.4 parabolic now the dust has settled. Why would you want an analogue tuner Judge??

Brian

Guest peter
JudgeMental - 2014-03-05 11:07 AM

peter - 2014-03-04 5:05 PM

Still got bbc etc at Almafra.

Cheers Peter, when you heading back we are down around 15th April.......

have just heard from site we use and BBC/ITV still in service.....but sites tend to have massive fixed dishes so thats why i guess. Just make sure your TV has an analogue tuner to avoid disappointment!

Heading back 16th March. We're at Bonterra park at the moment, on a crap pitch up by the boules area. >:-)

Guest JudgeMental
BKen1 - 2014-03-05 5:16 PM

Why would you want an analogue tuner Judge??

Brian

Because on site we use some of the better UK stations (BBC1 being main one) only on analogue not digital

peter - 2014-03-05 6:13 PM

Heading back 16th March. We're at Bonterra park at the moment, on a crap pitch up by the boules area. >:-)

That'll be under all them trees, been there....not going back!

Allen

Sorry its a bit old news but here's the local Paper's take.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47599247/BBC%26ITV%20no%20more%20in%20Spain%20Feb14.pdf

Note "Misery for Brits" is headline news in the "GOOD NEWS PAPER"

Frankkia - 2014-01-31

Looks like Filmon are going to get a lot more fans Camp sites will have to either invest in some big dishes or some pretty hefty bandwidth for their broadband.

Our neighbour here near Guadamar showed us his Filmon Google App. Very impressed, - so downloaded the Microsoft version to my Windows 8.1 Laptop.. And guess what.. just like half the other W8.1 apps...it not work.

(Off topic ....Web chat is all about an imminent Microsoft fix, - Win8.2 maybe. But for time being stay clear of Win 8.)

Fortunately we do have "My expat.net" which gets us all the UK TV.

Archived