CCI card or CKE card

aande

Hi all. I am in the process of preparing for this year's travel around Europe and I have noticed that most other countries (including Ireland) have crossed over to the "Camping Key Europe card (CKE) at 16 Euros. There is no mention of this changeover in the Camping and Caravan Club or Caravan Club; both are still selling the Camping Card International (CCI) at £5.50. These cards are normally handed over instead of the passport at reception, cover accident and liability and often give a discount on the price of a pitch (even in the high season). Of course they have to be acceptable to the campsite. I would hate to think that the CCI has been phased out over there and its acceptance is withdrawn without any advise to those countries lagging behind the changeover. Any views or advice would be welcome.

The Camping Card International, is recognised as an identity card and gives third party liability insurance backed by the issuer.

As far as I can see they Camping Key Card after a quick Google it is just a discount card an similar to ACSI. Just a commercial venture.

Quote from their site:-

"Camping Key Europe is the new European camping card that is replacing our old card Camping Card Scandinavia. The card is jointly owned by the Scandinavian camping organisations and two of Europe’s biggest motorist organisations, ANWB from Holland and ADAC from Germany."

Archived