Is Murcia FULL? Mid Feb - end March.

snowie

pelmetman - 2014-02-03 1:32 PM

Take an iron Alan ;-)...................you'll soon get those wrinkles out (lol) (lol) (lol

)

Sounds a bit drastic! I've seen plenty of tuggers polishing their vans, every day, but ironing the awning's a new one.

Anyway; Mrs B swears by Nivea !

Regards

alan b

JudgeMental - 2014-02-03 2:36 PM

have been twice now..don't know if i fancy the Nov-Feb period to be honest..

the awning looks OK and has carbon poles....but is not freestanding

Well it's all a bit of an experiment for us; and this weekend,having been offered the free use of a villa in Alicante area, for as long as we like when we like, with return flights costing less than £60 at the moment I'm having serious doubts!

Having only moved off-site for a day out once so far, in Normandy, I'd rather hire a car I think; if we all did it the same this forum wouldn't exist would it?

How's it go? No right or wrong ways, just different?

take care

alan b

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

We are booked on the tunnel 24th March..booked into Calpe Aire for 31 days. Our motorhome is 30 foot so have booked one of the larger pitches. Has any one stayed on one of these larger pitches? If so are they a reasonable size? I have tried looking for reviews but not found any for the pitches other than people saying the smaller ones are a bit tight.

We will be touring until July so then want try Bonterra park in May..staying for about 4 weeks. Our son, daughter in law and 2 year old granddaughter would like to visit us there and stay in one of the bungalows or chalets...would it be suitable for them? Close to the beach?

Or can anyone recommend a nice site, close to the beach that would also have chalets for them to stay in.

Thanks,

Janice :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's all a bit of an experiment

And it's going very well!! So far.

Monday 24feb and on our third Spanish site, first one was Vilanova camping just south of Barcelona, enormous but excellent fac's. Second was a Stothert recommended, and was also excellent, Ribamar @Alcossebre, tricky rough track 1.5km, but really friendly, nice meal, and excellent fac's.

Third site we are on now, also a Stothert recommended, and also access a little tricky! Or would be if bigger van! Really nice owner, and beautiful views over village. A bit away from Coast but beginning to look for that. Not put awning up yet, may not need it or be in one place long enough. Original plan was just to be here for the higher temps and sun, but much more is possible, almost a 10 month season I'd imagine, not at same high intensity but good for business.

Thanks to all who advised before we set off: glad we decided to do it!!!!!

Regards and thanks,

Forgot to say, weather in Spain very nice, 14-16degrees and SUNNY! Murcia area tomorrow.

take care

alan b. can't attach pic as wife's iPad so maybe later, will keep posted.

Guest pelmetman

Sounds a bit like us on our first year of heading South ;-)..............had to keep moving to see what it was like further South..............got to Europa Point in Gib and back to the UK in a month B-).................

We needed a holiday by the time we got back (lol) (lol)

Now know we want a veg out session away from the UK winter, so tend to hold up for a few months in Murcia :->..............It's not always perfect weather wise, as it can be windy :-S.............but it's a dam site better than the UK >:-)......................

Guest JudgeMental
Glad your enjoying it Snowie......while we like touring generally, in winter we prefer to set up somewhere long term and enjoy the town and surroundings, nice to simply chill and enjoy the weather, ambiance and do plenty of cycling rather then driving :-D

I certainly thought we'd be looking for 1 week minimum on sites, maybe even 2 weeks (can't imagine that!) but there's loads of interest so not just enjoying the sun. Itchy feet at any time is our problem.

Regards

Alan b

As long as the places we stay at are close to a few tapas bars, so, we'll keep looking!

Now at "Los Escullios" Near Cabo de Gata, ok, but weather now changed and it's windy, glad the awning is staying in the boot! Sites very busy, generally I'd say, certainly the most popular ones. I think favourite soo far is Camping La Val de Laguar. Planning trip to Benidorm and inland, and learning all the time!

Regards to all,

Alan b

Guest JudgeMental
If you're touring around an awning more trouble than it's worth, hence why so many "nearly new" end up on ebay.....

Guest pelmetman
JudgeMental - 2014-03-01 7:22 PM

If you're touring around an awning more trouble than it's worth, hence why so many "nearly new" end up on ebay.....

True enough Eddie..............but don't forget Snowie is in virgin territory ;-).................and is running around like a born again campervanista :D.........................I know I did :-D...................so don't sell the awning yet ;-).................

Having seen it 8-)............

It might last a winter or two :-S...........

pelmetman - 2014-03-01 7:45 PM

JudgeMental - 2014-03-01 7:22 PM

True enough Eddie..............but don't forget Snowie is in virgin territory ;-).................and is running around like a born again campervanista :D.........................I know I did :-D...................so don't sell the awning yet ;-).................

Having seen it 8-)............

Horses for courses I think, and we could get a horse in it no problem!

A separate tent would be a better option. Anyway, this "Virgin" is ok now: the sun is back,

I'm hot and enjoying watching the young Spanish family put up a tent next to their T5. Might ask him to put our awning up next; in payment for loan of my hammer!

At Lescullos site now, moving on tomorrow.

When we work out how to come here at this. Time of year we'll be happy, might come back next year, who knows, weather is definitely worth the effort. Missed sardines and sangria party at last site, and very pleased we did!4 weeks to go, looking good

Regards

Alan b

It might last a winter or two :-S...........

We were up in El Berro for the last 4 nights, and it was just what we were looking for, we'll 50% of the time.

A beautiful setting and a great little site. Two bakers, 2 general stores and 2 bar-restaurants in the village. Lovely meal last night.

Left this morning heading north, and now at Lo Monte, Not for us.

Looking for the next one, Benidorm here we come,

Regards,

Alan b

JudgeMental - 2014-03-10 7:01 AM

Slow down! A few of us will be in Benidorm from 15th April and will be having a meet :-D

Well learning from them'as knows would be good! But we'll have been home for a fortnight by then!

Got to get ready for Sweden in May! And get some veg in the garden.

We need a couple of sites to linger on, up in the mountains; a couple of little gems!

Regards

Alan b

Guest JudgeMental
You wil be missing the best of the weather if you leave that early..Chill....Sweden will be real cold in May better to go June at earliest. slow down, manyana :D

whisturx - 2014-03-10 4:09 PM

Snowie, If you were in El Berro you must have met some friends of ours .....Mike and Barbara Kiff in a 2008 Burstner Elegance . .. Or nicknamed Worzel for short !!

Could I be Ian, if he had a 70th birthday this year, @ El Berro?

Regards

Alan b

Archived