motorhome parking around Calstock,Cornwall

brianhymer

Calstock was one of our nightmares, as you say no close by sites within walking distance (that I know of) we asked around and was told to park up down near the sports ground, went into town for a drink, the atmosphere seemed very tense, then with little warning a street riot broke out, as the riot aproached our van we made the decision to leg it, several beer bottles where thrown at the van. We ended up 5 miles away at Woodovis Park in middle of night and sorted it out with site office the next morning.

Calstock must be one of the most laid-back places on this earth :->

Riot (lol) (lol) come on Colin.

I'm sorry if our little local village caused you to feel intimidated - I guess that maybe the pleasure boat crowds from Plymouth were in that night? and sometimes the Biker Festival can get a bit lively.

But you are right Woodovis [and there is now another on the main A390] is the nearest camp site.

I'd be more concerned about actually getting into Calstock if you have a biggish van!

Better make sure you're 'tooled up' just in case ;-)

globebuster - 2014-02-04 12:34 AM

Calstock must be one of the most laid-back places on this earth :->

Riot (lol) (lol) come on Colin.

This was about 14 years ago, and yes it was mayhem on the street, with boat loads of peps slugging out, glass's and bottles flying everywhere, our van was hit by about half a dozen bottles/glass's.

Ah.. so the boat was in!

Calstock is very peaceful normally - the sort of place where everyone speaks, even if you are a stranger.

Its a pity you didn't have time to look the village over, it's a lovely little spot, with great riverside walks - mind you, if the 'outsiders' knew this place existed then it would end up like Polperro.

Having said that, I'm an outsider - well I was back in '97 (lol)

Archived