Fiat x250 battery

rogermash

Can anyone tell me the spec for the starter battery on my Fiat Adria Twin x250 120 May 2007 build ? This is our only vehicle so is used all year. When not being used for a few days it is usually kept charged via the schardt charger in the van but when not charged for a couple of days the orange light shows on adrias panel. Is it time to change the battery ?

hi there, before going down the new battery route, i would check for a power drain. check voltage of battery with a volt meter then disconnect the negative battery lead. leave for 2-3 days then check voltage again. if it hasn't changed much then it isn't a battery fault but a power drain. if this is the case, good luck finding it. help is always at hand on the forum.

hi again, i beg to differ but i am not as trusting as you. drive up in a motorhome and show ignorance and you might as well wave your cards at them. knowledge is power. they are in business to sell not to look after people who are too lazy to learn a bit for themselves.

rogermash - 2014-02-07 4:27 PM

Thanks, Clifford I will try that. I was hoping to find which size of battery is fitted. As the Fiat handbook carefully avoids telling you !

A quick Google of the van and year will probably show you lots of suppliers listing it as either an 017 type at 95ah or an 019 at 100 ah.

Either will do as they are usually close enough to the same size as makes no never mind, so all you have to do is decide whether you want a cheapie for about £50, a better one for about £75 or push the boat out and spend more.

Personally, a middle of the range branded battery from the likes of Exide or Varta has always served me well and I would not even mess about getting the old one tested or whatever - for the sake of peace of mind and as I am too long in the tooth to push start a 3 plus tonne van I would replace it!

Agree with Rich a starter battery that's getting on for 7 years old not worth testing just get a new one. Eurocarparts have Exide & Bosch with 3 year warranty for £87, a Bosh with 4 year warranty for £97 and various other makes up to about £120 all with free delivery.

hi rogermash, in yorkshire we have a saying about folk with more brass than sense. can you imagine how you would feel having forked out over £100 for a new battery only to find that the same problem still exists. a little time and trouble can save you a fortune. by the way i don't mean that it is you with more brass than sense. you came on the forum before running to the garage cards a-waving. says alot. if, however, you do have to buy a new battery, ring a few traders to find the right battery and then buy the best you can afford as the warranties tend to lengthen with price. the internet is not always the answer.

Archived