Our new Possl 636 FR van....

Guest JudgeMental

JudgeMental - 2014-02-08 6:54 PM

ebay...I always use it with good results..its instant cheap advertising

I cant divulge the financials and cost to change, as one particular member did not believe me last time I changed and he certainly would not this time!

Where are you getting it from then Eddie? Germany or Belgium? :-S

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JudgeMental - 2014-02-08 6:29 PM

Mel B - 2014-02-08 5:44 PM

lennyhb - 2014-02-08 4:34 PM

But Eddie it's a Citroen you don't do French! (lol)

Does look nice can only spot one major design flaw - you can't get a beer out of the fridge if OH is in the shower, not what you expect from Germans. :D

... but if Eddie's in the shower he can slide the door round and get one out whilst he's in there ... or on the throne!!!! :D

Mel you think like a man! :-D

... as someone who doesn't normally drink I don't know if that's a good thing or not! 8-)

Now, if I could get at the kettle, mug, tea and sugar, I could then retrieve the milk and make myself a nice cuppa whilst on the throne! :D

Guest pelmetman
What surprises me is the number of possible Possl's looking at Eddies pictures :-S..............there's a whole fields worth 8-)..................so what are they asking for the others Eddie? ;-)...........

Guest JudgeMental

Mel from Germany...same dealer I bought the Adria from

Yes pelmet a big concern, sell 40 a week in season apparently....

Guest JudgeMental

Re Alarm:

just called safeguard our insurer to transfer insurance and get a cover note. And its seems that a Cat1 alarm is no longer obligatory unless van costs 45K + (as long as it has a Cat 2 immobiliser)

so wondering whether to bother or not and save £280. I will have a safe and window alarms anyway. and who takes any notice of an alarm anyway? Just wondering what most folks do......

JudgeMental - 2014-02-11 5:45 PM

Re Alarm:

just called safeguard our insurer to transfer insurance and get a cover note. And its seems that a Cat1 alarm is no longer obligatory unless van costs 45K + (as long as it has a Cat 2 immobiliser)

so wondering whether to bother or not and save £280. I will have a safe and window alarms anyway. and who takes any notice of an alarm anyway? Just wondering what most folks do......

If you have the factory fitted alarm I wouldn't bother. These after fix alarms can be a flaming nuisance by going off without reason especially those with movement detectors.

We have a manufacturer fitted immobiliser and door alarm which goes off if a door is opened without using the remote fob to 'isolate' the alarm first ... this usually happens when hubby gets up to make the tea and take the dogs out but just opens the doors without using the remote fob first. :$ It also goes off if we use the original second key (not a remote one) in the cab door lock to open it that way, we then have to stick it into the ignition switch and twiddle it in a certain way to stop it blaring ... hence why we got a second remote fob for when we go back to the 'van at different times! :-D We did consider upgrading the alarm but couldn't see the point really as they can be a pain in the bum if they start having 'errors'.

So, Eddie - will you be getting 2 remote fobs or just one with your new van? If only one and it's important to have a second, would having the alarm 'upgrade' done give you 2? If so, then £280 isn't a lot as our second remote cost not much short of that! Also, bearing in mind where you live it might be preferable to reduce your insurance even though it's not a requirement for your policy.

Hi Eddie best of luck with new van as you know my last van was an exhire had no trouble in three years of ownership as for alarm did not bother as you say who takes any notice. The best alteration I have done is to cut a hole in the shower curtain about eight inches square by the basin and stitched a flap over the outside and pull the shower head through this and wet of and then you can rest the head in basin while you soap up also when the shower curtain in place without the flap I have put in you cannot adjust the temp of the water hope this all makes sence

Guest JudgeMental
Mel B - 2014-02-11 11:19 PM

So, Eddie - will you be getting 2 remote fobs or just one with your new van? If only one and it's important to have a second, would having the alarm 'upgrade' done give you 2? If so, then £280 isn't a lot as our second remote cost not much short of that! Also, bearing in mind where you live it might be preferable to reduce your insurance even though it's not a requirement for your policy.

I am assuming I will get one fob and set of second keys as I did with fiat based adria? We managed OK with one remote, if going out separately would just lock Central looking with key not arming the alarm via fob?

Mel did you fit the door alarm yourselves or is it part of factory fit immobiliser

Thanks all for the input.......

Guest JudgeMental
josie gibblebucket - 2014-02-12 11:13 AM

Cor what a nice looking van! Love the soft-close sliding door on the little video. The interior looks quite spacious for a pvc too. Will this be your last change of van now? I think you've had 4 since I've been on the forum? ;-)

Its a 2013 so no soft close i'm afraid as this was introduced for 2014 models as standard. Yes this will probably be it (until next time :-D)

JudgeMental - 2014-02-12 10:44 AM

I am assuming I will get one fob and set of second keys as I did with fiat based adria? We managed OK with one remote, if going out separately would just lock Central looking with key not arming the alarm via fob?

Mel did you fit the door alarm yourselves or is it part of factory fit immobiliser

Thanks all for the input.......

It was already a standard item on the van when we bought it. :-D

Guest JudgeMental
josie gibblebucket - 2014-02-19 9:45 AM

There is someone from Norway on another forum asking about Possl vans, I have sent him a link to this thread as I expect Judge will be able to help? ;-)

There is a very new UK globecar/possl forum that is very inactive at the moment, but will hopefully pick up. a few knowledgeable members on there....We pick ours up tomorrow :-D

http://globecar.forumatic.com/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=895eea8d3c64d99ab615ab2c0bc347c4

Guest JudgeMental
Brian Kirby - 2014-02-19 12:15 PM

Haben eine gute Fahrt! :-D

Dont be so disgusting! you dirty devil......(lol)

(Lets hope its ready when we get there!:-S)

JudgeMental - 2014-02-19 12:22 PM

Brian Kirby - 2014-02-19 12:15 PM

Haben eine gute Fahrt! :-D

Dont be so disgusting! you dirty devil......(lol)

(Lets hope its ready when we get there!:-S)

Haben sie ein gute reise sounds just a little better,LOL!!!,sounds like a great van.

Guest JudgeMental

We are here! Picked van up

today...all good! it is like new....

If you want a busbiker you will have to either go get one, or have it delivered and fit here. Not to hard a job. If you can fit a towbar its more or less the same procedure....

Adios amigos! :-D

Archived