Awning channel drip strip?

David Dwight

Hi Guys, I saw today on a Caravan being towed, so could not ask the question. There was a strip the full length of the van attached through the awning channel, approx 4" wide it appeared to me to be there to stop the water running off the roof down the sides, I assume to stop black marks as the water would miss the sides of the van. Anyone any ideas. Have I missed seeing adverts for this sort of thing. If this is whats its for it seems a good idea. Come on lets have some answers. David

[QUOTE]David Dwight - 2006-08-30 5:29 PM Thanks Barrie.. No it wasn't a caravanstore, it was only 3 to 4 inches wide and flapping in the wind. David[/QUOTE]

Problem is, most motorhomes don't have awning channels.  What you saw sounds a bit like the flexible awning beading that runs through the channel and attaches the awning, but just inserted as a drip: however, it does sound a bit wide.

Being the holiday season, of course, it could just be a blagger with a nicked caravan, who cut the awning off to save the time of dismantling it!  Sorted :-)

• 8 months later...
Hi David, you were right in what you were saying, its called the Drip -Stop, mini gutter that eliminates black streaks. It is made by Fiamma. The gutter is made in wide-base flexible polyvinyl. Adhesive acrylic foam of superior quality and adherence is reinforced with aluminium strips that guarantee long life and hold over the years. Easy to install, uv-ray proof. For use on walls or over doors. Just read this in Fiamma catalogue

Archived