Hymer Exsis i (2011) Headlamp protectors.

woodburner5

I am attempting to contact the supplier of the above items, from previous posts the name and contact details of Trevor Smith were published, after a number of attempts I have had no response.

Any leads on contacting Trevor would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks from - Wet Worcester !!!

I bought a pair for my 2010 Exsis because I had a faulty headlight unit which 'crazed' over,it was replaced on warranty,but I asked what the replacement cost would be and was told 'with fitting about £1500!

Peter Hambilton had been investigating producing something similar,I don't know if he pursued the concept. Not wishing to take anything away from the designer,they could be made with polycarbonate sheets and the fixing is suckers similar to those used for internal insulating screens,a safety strap is fitted in case they come adrift,Mine have been on for 2 years and are 'rock solid'!

Should be possible to fabricate something out of polycarbonate sheet. Alternatively there are headlamp protector films available these would protect against very small stones can't see them being much good if a large stone gets thrown up from a lorry wheel.

I'll be looking to do something when I get my van don't want too many insurance claims.

Edit:

If you make some do make sure you get suckers with S/S screws Trevor's early ones didn't have them & looked a bit messy after a while with brown streaks down the lights.

Archived