Internet scam again beware

AndrewJo

It is apparent that some scammers are looking at our site to set the unsuspecting up for this old scam SO BEWARE I have just received an offer to purchase my awning that I put on the buy & sell page of the forum To my delight I had a very positive response from a chap from Belfast asking the condition of the awning So without any ado I promptly E mailed the chap photos & further information He replied offering me full payment in the form of a bank check for £4125 If I would send him back the cash less my payment for the awning Having heard of this scam before I replied with a few expletives as you can imagine & wishing him & his relatives & long & lousy life Anyhow, just a word of warning the E-mail address he used on us is Dancel_richard1@yahoo.com USE THIS AT YOUR PERIL :-( >:-(

Hi Andrew &Jo I have had the same person i.e. Dancel Richards email address contact me But he calls himself Charles Martins from Belfast,uk. !! Copy of the message I received below “I am still interested in your (Motorvan Free Standing Awnig £110).I am going to send you a uk bank draft of 4,£110 for the transaction. Please, you will deduct £110 for your own payment and please do me a favour of sending the remaining Pounds to my shipping agent, who will come later for the necessary signing of papers on my behalf and for the pick-up of the Items for onward shipment to me. Please I need the following information to prepare a uk bank draft in your favour for the complete payment : etc !!! “ Have put it in the junk mail file !!

Archived