Live travelling life to the full. A must read

Will86

12 years ago Mrs H suffered a stroke. Our travelling was reduced by 3/4. This week she suffered another so it now reduced by 11/12 ths

We did all our travelling as we thought of it and it worked for us.

Live your life as if everyday is the last. There is rarely a second chance.

Will85 - 2014-02-14 12:04 PM

12 years ago Mrs H suffered a stroke. Our travelling was reduced by 3/4. This week she suffered another so it now reduced by 11/12 ths

Live your life as if everyday is the last. There is rarely a second chance.

Can't say better than that Will; we hope things will be ok for you both,

take care

alan b

Best wishes to you both Will and hopefully your wife will recover enough so you can still get away eventually :-) I was diagnosed as having a mini stroke about 5 years ago although I don't remember anything at the time it was only found because of a brain scan as to why I was losing my balance a lot.

I can only take statins to keep my cholesterol down as aspirin caused bleeding!! and I dont have high blood pressure either so no form to it.

Live life to the full should be everyone's moto while we can as we get older, and stories like yours bring it home to us how quickly things can change.

Guest JudgeMental
You can walk outside and get run over and killed at any age..Will is a good old age and has probably seen and experienced much more than many...Cherish those memories pal!

I echo what everyone has said so well said above,

never give up hope,

perhaps just a short trip to a beauty spot would be nice for a cup of tea.

Oh! and of course a low calorie cake, I believe chocolate is good for you as it is a vegatable!!!!

My best wishes to you both.

:->

I'm very sorry to hear your news, hopefully it is just a set back. I totally agree with your sentiment to live life to the full. 8 years ago I persuaded my husband to go on a European motorhome tour. After 6 months he became so I'll that we had to come home. A year later he died, at only 56. Thank goodness we did not put it off for a year like he wanted to. I have fabulous photos to look back on which are my most treasured possessions.

I was convinced I would not be able to reverse the Hymer on my own, so I sold it. Last year I bought a little Rapido because I just couldn't bear the idea of never sleeping in an alpine meadow again. Whether I will ever get up the courage to go on my own I don't know.

I suupose I really should practice what I preach!

Guest pelmetman

Ditto the good wishes for your Mrs, Will.................as you say you've been there before, so I expect you'll carry on camping in your own inimitable style ;-).........

skercat - 2014-02-17 8:00 PM

I'm very sorry to hear your news, hopefully it is just a set back. I totally agree with your sentiment to live life to the full. 8 years ago I persuaded my husband to go on a European motorhome tour. After 6 months he became so I'll that we had to come home. A year later he died, at only 56. Thank goodness we did not put it off for a year like he wanted to. I have fabulous photos to look back on which are my most treasured possessions.

I was convinced I would not be able to reverse the Hymer on my own, so I sold it. Last year I bought a little Rapido because I just couldn't bear the idea of never sleeping in an alpine meadow again. Whether I will ever get up the courage to go on my own I don't know.

I suupose I really should practice what I preach!

Go for it, perhaps if you post you might find someone to join you in your adventure (not in your van but as a convoy) there are lots of people out their that would like company for a trip, I know I would be interested.

(lol)

Hi, Best wishes and hope for a full recovery. My thoughts are that you should live each day as it comes. (Should explain that I am retired and have time on my hands in that respect but am pleased when I wake up in the morning and am still breathing) Do what you can as you can, tomorrow may never come. Life can be a bitch but living is pretty good eh?so long as you have the ability to enjoy it. You are right, there is rarely a second chance. Whilst a stroke is not a good thing to have happen, at least in most cases life can continue. All the best.

Art

Archived