MS AUTOROUTE......anyone?

Bulletguy

Guest JudgeMental
Bulletguy - 2014-02-18 4:46 PM

peter - 2014-02-18 4:16 PM

Where can you get a Le Voyageur for 50k?. :D

More to the point.......who pays £50k for a Duetto?

Though mines definitely not for sale i might just be tempted at that figure. I'd even throw in a full tank of fuel,12 months tax, and stick a pot of Beluga caviar in the fridge. (lol)

And a free copy of autoroute? :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lennyhb - 2014-02-18 5:01 PM

Just replace the"EUR_CD" file in the data folder, if you rename the existing file (add OLD to end of file name) saves having to re-install if you screw it up.

Cheers Eddie.....i'll give it a go though the download is showing just over an hour!

Do you know the the name of the filename in the download im looking to shove in the old EUR_CD folder?

Bulletguy - 2014-02-18 6:01 PM

Just replace the"EUR_CD" file in the data folder, if you rename the existing file (add OLD to end of file name) saves having to re-install if you screw it up.

Cheers Eddie.....i'll give it a go though the download is showing just over an hour!

Do you know the the name of the filename in the download im looking to shove in the old EUR_CD folder?

What a blimming insult do you realise what you just called me? >:-)

If you read the post it says in the Data folder. (lol)

lennyhb - 2014-02-18 6:39 PM

What a blimming insult do you realise what you just called me? >:-)

If you read the post it says in the Data folder. (lol)

Ooops......old age Lenny!! Haven't got blonde hair so can't use that as an excuse! *-)

Yeah you know you're getting old when you get folks names wrong! *-)

Download time has gone UP now......its 5 bleedin hours so don't expect to hear anything from me until tomorrow (i hear the sigh of relief :D )

Bulletguy - 2014-02-18 6:09 PM

JudgeMental - 2014-02-18 5:50 PM

I'll chuck in a World Atlas! :D

Wonder why that thing of Peters needs a GPS? At those prices i'd expect inbuilt navigation from NASA as standard fitment! :D

It's got that, but it's 5 yrs out of date. (lol)

Had a couple of shots at this Lenny and it won't go. Copied the EUR_CD file to the Date folder in my 'old' Autoroute and it still refuses to run.

Have to say having now seen how 2013 Autoroute looks, i don't like it one bit. Far too fussy and cluttered.

peter - 2014-02-18 7:37 PM

Wonder why that thing of Peters needs a GPS? At those prices i'd expect inbuilt navigation from NASA as standard fitment! :D

Map of The World........or NASA 'guidance'?

Either way you'll be ok.......as it seems all 'new' issue are just old versions with the the current year stamped on! It's a good job it's only software they're flogging and not food otherwise they'd get sent to prison!

Map of The World........or NASA 'guidance'?

Either way you'll be ok.......as it seems all 'new' issue are just old versions with the the current year stamped on! It's a good job it's only software they're flogging and not food otherwise they'd get sent to prison!

Guest Peter James
Bulletguy - 2014-02-19 1:21 AM

Had a couple of shots at this Lenny and it won't go. Copied the EUR_CD file to the Date folder in my 'old' Autoroute and it still refuses to run.

Have to say having now seen how 2013 Autoroute looks, i don't like it one bit. Far too fussy and cluttered.

Same here. I have Autoroute 2001 which came with the computer. I have newer computers but prefer this old one with Windows XP - probably because I am used to it.

I have had a go with Autoroute 2013 and the UK map roads look very little different to my 2001 version. A major new road I know that has been open 2 years is not shown at all. (A-46 Newark to Widmerpool)

But looking at Benidorm the street plan is FAR more comprehensive than my 2001 version.

So, on the face of it, I think the update is only worth having to use it abroad in Europe.

PS: Just removed and re installed Works Suite 2001 to get Autoroute 2001 working again.

What version are you running, I know it woks for 2007? Did you rename or remove the old file first?

Could try replacing the Data file completely I know this works using 2010 maps on 2007 but don't think it worked for 2013 maps but my 2007 had already been updated to 2010 maps before I updated to 2013.

2010 & 2013 do look a bit strange don't like the black menu bars but when you get into it there is so much more functionality available well worth the 30 quid even if only to use Adam's POI's.

Guest Peter James
lennyhb - 2014-02-19 10:08 AM

Could try replacing the Data file completely.

Just tried replacing the data file on the 2001 with the data file from the installed 2013 trial version, but the same thing happens - the 2001 programme won't open. (you just get the hour glass and I gave up waiting after 10 minutes - it normally opens within a coupe of seconds) I had deleted the data file so it went in the recycle bin. I removed the data file from the 2013 version, restored the old data file from the recycle bin, and the 2001 programme worked again.

lennyhb - 2014-02-19 10:08 AM

What version are you running, I know it woks for 2007? Did you rename or remove the old file first?

Could try replacing the Data file completely I know this works using 2010 maps on 2007 but don't think it worked for 2013 maps but my 2007 had already been updated to 2010 maps before I updated to 2013.

2010 & 2013 do look a bit strange don't like the black menu bars but when you get into it there is so much more functionality available well worth the 30 quid even if only to use Adam's POI's.

Lenny......i'll try and explain more clearly (damn forum doesn't help with it's rubbish "quote" facility making cutting and editing necessary to make posts/quotes read logically!!).

First i was running with Windows 8 with a copy of Autoroute 2007 installed which ran perfectly.

8 kept asking me to update and install 8.1 which eventually i did........and thats when my 2007 Autoroute stopped working.

So......after reading your posts i installed the 'free trial' version of Autoroute 2013. So once that was loaded i now had two versions of Autoroute installed.....the non-working 2007, and the 'free trial' 2013.

I opened the Date folder in the 2007 Autoroute and re-named the EU_CD file to EU_CD OLD.

I then went to the 2013 Autoroute and opened the Data folder there and copied and pasted the EU_CD file into the 2007 Autoroute.

I rebooted my pc back up, then clicked on the 2007 Autoroute.......but it still doesn't open.

Even removing the "old" EU_CD file hasn't made any difference either.

In a nutshell......updating to 8.1 is what stopped my 2007 running and many others have had the same experience as i quoted in a previous post from a disgruntled poster on MS Community forum. It's well covered there and even MS suggest a "clean boot" to correct which i'm reluctant to do. I could do a System Restore to take me back to 8 which would get me my Autoroute back.....but no doubt MS would find another way of 'making life difficult' then. *-)

Guest Peter James
Bulletguy - 2014-02-19 4:52 PM

First i was running with Windows 8 with a copy of Autoroute 2007 installed which ran perfectly.

Sounds like the updated windows recognised it was a copy, when the older version didn't.

I am guessing I would have to buy a separate Autoroute 2013 for every PC I use (2 at home, 1 laptop in van, 1portable spare)

I don't feel like giving Bill Gates another £120 - especially since Google Maps is better, and free.

Quite right Brian, however never been a problem with 2007 I've installed my 2007 on several PC's without a problem, 2013 so far only installed it on one PC & netbook. 2007 does not require authorising by Microsoft I think 2013 does, so probably won't let you install it on more than two..

Autoroute 2007 is flaky on operating systems after XP, on my PC running Vista it regularly crashes, runs fine on my XP, PC's & my netbook.

I think Paul needs to bite the bullet (sorry for the pun) and shell out (there we go again) 30 quid for 2013.

lennyhb - 2014-02-19 6:49 PM

I think Paul needs to bite the bullet (sorry for the pun) and shell out (there we go again) 30 quid for 2013.

(lol) @ the pun.

I'll either System Restore back to 8 or look around for one that will work Lenny. Gates is wallowing in dosh ......i'm not! Just have to remember to avoid these batty OS 'updates' in future.

Peter James - 2014-02-19 6:08 PM

Sounds like the updated windows recognised it was a copy, when the older version didn't.

Don't think so Peter.

Similar happened when i used to run with XP. Installing Service Pack 3 stopped one or two applications running that i had the original software to. Uninstalling SP3 remedied it and was easily done as it was visible in Programs, but this 8.1 update isn't shown anywhere.

Bulletguy - 2014-02-19 7:16 PM

lennyhb - 2014-02-19 6:49 PM

(lol) @ the pun.

I'll either System Restore back to 8 or look around for one that will work Lenny. Gates is wallowing in dosh ......i'm not! Just have to remember to avoid these batty OS 'updates' in future.

If you dislike Bill so much w,hy do you run Windows? :D

Hi,

I had a problem with Autoroute 2010 NOT starting, saying something like it wasn't registered ?? or something like that with Windows 8.1 and I found the solution was to run the Autoroute start program (Autorout.exe) in Administrator mode,

I know it sounds funny as I am the only user on this computer and thought I ran everything as Administrator but it appears with Autoroute 2010 and Windows 8.1 you need to alter things,

My first try with windows 8 and with the free update to windows 8.1 worked without alteration, it was only after a few days when I took the Windows Updates to 8.1 that I found the problem, which is easily fixed if you set it to start in Admin mode.

hope that helps

If you want I can tell you how to modify a Desktop Icon for Autoroute to make it start automatically without having to go through the admin thing every time.

Hi,

THIS IS THE FIX I USED

Assuming you have a desktop Icon/app in window 8.1 (on the desktop) right click and then select Properties, then select the Tab Compatibility and put a Tick in the last box next to Run this program as and administrator, click Apply, restart and hopefully that should have resolved your problem, it worked for me, let me know how you get on.

Brian

I believe you can use the following method also:-

In the Start window you can roll down to the Apps, right click on the Autoroute APP that you want to open (Tick) then go to the bottom of the APP's page and click on Run as Administrator as that should work also, albeit I don't use that method myself.

Hope that helps

Hi Again

Just tried the 2013 map switch to 2010 and it doesn't work Autoroute 2010 fails to start, I also tried switching the HD file as well but that doesn't help either it fails with just the EUR_CD and with both.

The run as Admin still works for a un-modified version of Autoroute 2010, so if you have tried converting/coping the maps over you will need to undo that before you try the ADMIN route.

enodreven - 2014-02-20 11:23 AM

Hi,

THIS IS THE FIX I USED

Assuming you have a desktop Icon/app in window 8.1 (on the desktop) right click and then select Properties, then select the Tab Compatibility and put a Tick in the last box next to Run this program as and administrator, click Apply, restart and hopefully that should have resolved your problem, it worked for me, let me know how you get on.

Brian

Brian

YOU are THE MAN!!! :-D :-D :-D

Spot on......worked first time.....but just to be absolutely sure i restarted a couple of times and YES it's WORKING!!

Interestingly when i first opened Properties > Compatibility, under "Compatibilty Mode" it was set to run in XP which obviously wasn't helping. *-)

I reset that to Windows 8 and also ticked the "run as Admin" box.

Thank God (and Brian! :D ) i now have decent and useable mapping back. :-D :-D

If ever you are in NW Midlands/Cheshire area give me a shout.......i owe you a drink. ;-)

PS. This copy i'm using is a 2007 issue but can get a brand new sealed genuine 2010 issue for less than a third the cost of what folk are shelling out for 2013. Is that what you are running with and if so how do you rate it?

Hmmmm........just read your other post and see it was the 2010 you had the same problem as me with the 2007. *-)

I don't like this idea of paying out just for a download (2013 method).

I can get genuine 2010 MS AutoRoutes from the USA for just £9.80. Free delivery as i've 'got the right contacts'. ;-)

Archived