Water Connection Adaptor

G Beasley

Hi Geoff

Take a selection of screw on fittings as you never know what you are faced with.All are standard but whose standard. I have the various screw on connections which normally come with the various kit available in the UK. Never been stuck yet but include a bare hose with a jubilee clip as they may provide an adapter which accepts a hose. All you can do is cater for the majority. You will come across the obscure so dont worry, go to the next one. It is unlikely you will have a problem. The aires are great. Enjoy.

Art

As well as the connectors in derricks link, the item I seem to use the most is a 4mtr washing machine hose with one end cut off. This works well for me as I don't have to uncoil a needless length of hose if I have parked near the borne, being a large bore means that I can get the maximum amount of water when on a borne that has a timer on the water delivery. Also the short length means its easy to drain any water left in it.

BrianBW - 2014-02-17 10:22 PM

In France you will find any screw thread water tap on a camp site will be marked 1/2" Yes British standard!

Correct me if I am wrong but isnt the 3/4" screw thread the standard in France and most of Europe?

I carry a long hose with a 3/4" screw top and a shorter food grade one with the same. The only other thing I carry is a rubber one size fits all adaptor that slots over the hose if its an odd size or one of those ridiculous push in taps with no thread (why would anyone put one of those on an aire). Its a messy job and I usually end up wet but it works.

I also carry a 25 litre plastic food grade water carrier with a tap which we generally stand next to the sink for drinking water. Gives us another day without fills. I have also used to fill the van when the hose is miles away but its blooming heavy full. I sometimes carry it between my knees on the scooter but its an accident waiting to happen. (lol)

We have a 5 litre collapsable carrier as well which is great as it goes in the top box when out and about.

Barryd999 - 2014-02-18 5:14 PM

BrianBW - 2014-02-17 10:22 PM

In France you will find any screw thread water tap on a camp site will be marked 1/2" Yes British standard!

Correct me if I am wrong but isnt the 3/4" screw thread the standard in France and most of Europe?

Nope I'm not going to correct you because you are not wrong. :D

Goog evening ladies and gentlemen,

One of the most usefull things we have bought is filler hose from brownhills for about £8 and then bought a screw on tap connector from a french garden centre to put on the other end. We have not used the watering can since.

norm

Archived