Continental TV coverage

BrianBW

Guest JudgeMental
Maybe they will now have to pick up enough of a foreign languages to watch local TV! Probably the same people who are the first to complain regards immigrants having a poor understanding of English, while 1000's of Brits live in the likes of Spain for years and make absolutely no effort whatsoever! :D

Tell me about it Eddie. Our current site Almafra near Benidorm is full of them. It's like camping in little Britain, without the grass. Won't bother coming here again.

Guest JudgeMental
peter - 2014-02-18 5:03 PM

Tell me about it Eddie. Our current site Almafra near Benidorm is full of them. It's like camping in little Britain, without the grass. Won't bother coming here again.

Enjoy the weather Peter....don't rush home, thats if you have one to come home to....all being well should be down that way before Easter.

Each to their own, the last thing I want when on holiday is a tv. I catch up on films I have missed or walk around the area with the dogs, a great ice breaker to learn the language. (Usually with attractive young women, I have to keep telling myself it's the dogs that interest them, not me).

If I was one of those who don't like Britain enough to actually live there, but want to create a "British" enclave in a warmer climate, then keeping up with Downton Abbey might remind me of home. Then again.....

Wi fi might well get around the satellite changes eventually.

Guest pelmetman
The expats like my Dad with 3 metre dishes seem to be OK still................we find there's usually a few Spanish channels that we pick up with the Status Arial, that can be changed to English if you have a language button on your remote ;-)...................and we can usually get some British TV via "filmon" although the signal can be a bit stop start :-|

Know what is meant by the "Brit ex pat brigade" when we first pulled into Villa Nova in December I said to a "tugger" that I had not seen this many Brits since Ashford and he never spoke to me again LOL the place was full of GB plates. We ended up parked between two British caravan both un used as both owners had come back for Christmas & New Year so that was two less. In Peniscola it was all or mainly Germans and they were ok. B-)

I see very little reason for motorhomers to be snobbish as some of the above comments suggest. I'm sure several of my neighbours look down on me for holidaying in a motorhome as several people have jokingly asked when I am going to have a proper holiday. Of course I go on other holidays as well as I rent a house in Florida each year but that doesn't seem to count.

Incidentally I like watching TV.

Archived