swift kon-tiki 640(sweden)

dickyc2

8-) Good evening ladies and gentle folk of the motorhome world. Just picked up my motorhome today from dare i say it, brownhills at newark. What fantastically nice people to deal with. The reason i'm writing in is, we have just purchased a swift kon-tiki sweden 640 5 berth, is this a rare model, because all of the kon-tiki's we have looked at are all right hand drive, this being left hand drive and having a lot more stuff on board. please let me know my moto is, DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and AUTO GRASSERS DO IT IN THE MUD >:-) >:-) >:-)

[QUOTE]mikemoss - 2006-08-31 8:45 AM That's a new one on me - what's the layout, and what extra equipment does it have?[/QUOTE] Mike, It's most likely one built for export to Sweden, I've seen a few Swedish reg Swift's. They must be a better buy the the usual swift offering, they would have to be up to the Swedish standard required for registration. Don

Hi, just read about your new purchase and yes they are not too common but I have a Kon Tiki Fairway which is LHD and made for Sweden and yes it has more extras such as wet central heating and better insulation etc. I was told that Swift had an order from a large Swedish outlet and before they completed the company went down the tube, so they were sold in UK. Personnaly I find it easier to drive a left hooker than all the RHD i have had before and if changed would want LHD again. Happy Motorhoming and use it well. :-D

:-D Nice to see im not the only one then, and yes mine has primus wet central heating and more insulation, and also i find mine easy to drive, its my first left hooker and it certainatly wont be my last :D what sort of fuel economy should i expect, and ive also noticed a shaking sensation at 45mph in 4th gear, a bit like a convertable car with scuttle shake, could this be down to the cab being converted or do i have another problem.

Archived