Germany Poland Luithania Latvia Estonia Finland

aande

Hi all, has anyone any general advice on the route from Germany (Berlin) to Poland (Warsaw) to Luithania, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark . I have an Elddis Autoquest 120 which is below the 3.5 ton weight limit for Polish Tolls.

peter - 2014-02-22 8:05 PM

Are you sure you want to visit those countries?. The only one I'd ever consider is Germany. Sod the rest of them, way too dodgy.

And you´ve spent a lot of time in them and know all about them?

Really your only option for the Baltics is the Via Baltica (E67) which goes all the way up to Tallinn and is these days quite a good road thanks to lots of EU money,

Not sure best route from Berlin to join it in Poland.

Ferry from Tallinn to Helsinki is a short and simple crossing with plenty of ferry options,

Somebody posted a very good guide to touring Finland and Sweden on here not so long ago, but personally I would head for Jyvaskyla or Kuopio and then to Oulu and Kemi crossing into Sweden at Tornio, with maybe a detour to Rovaniemi to see Santa :)

Sweden I would stay on the east coast all the way down to Stockholm before crossing the country to visit Oslo (depending on time maybe spending some more time and driving west to Bergen)

Then either back into Sweden and down the west coast to Denmark or take a ferry from Oslo.

In Denmark you have two options from Copenhagen, A ferry into Germany or a scenic tour via Fredericia and south into Germany.

Haven´t done the whole journey in one go myself, although have done all the parts at different times, How much time you spend in each place and how many detours you do depends on the time you have available, but do it in the Summer with 20hrs of day light a day and it will be a trip to remember :)

aande - 2014-02-22 6:54 PM

Hi all, has anyone any general advice on the route from Germany (Berlin) to Poland (Warsaw) to Luithania, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark . I have an Elddis Autoquest 120 which is below the 3.5 ton weight limit for Polish Tolls.

The most direct route from Berlin is the A2/E30 which takes you straight to Warsaw. Then from there the E67 to Bialystok and N/E to the border of Lithuania.

Can't help re. Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark as i don't tour those countries.

Archived