Rapido v56

Suda

Guest JudgeMental
depends on where fresh water tank is, if under lounge bench probably under a front seat ( my 2 leisure batteries are) if thats the FB model it is very narrow with a tiny shower room..things have moved on a bit with design, my new van has a 1500 wide FB and a usable shower room. Just call a dealer and ask them.....

This Which Motorhome July 2011 article

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/userfiles/file/WMH%20historic%20road%20tests/french%20bed%20jul11.pdf

indicates that a Rapido V56 has (as standard) a 100Ah leisure baattery and says

"You’ll find the battery beneath the bench seat, but there’s still a good chunk of room for other belongings that you’ll only occasionally require. There is no front access, so to get into this area you’ll need to remove all the sofa’s cushions. You may not need to use this area at all, though, as there’s a huge amount of room below the fixed bed."

So it sounds like it should be practicable to double-up the batteries easily enough.

The 'best' solar-panel size will depend on how you plan to use the vehicle.

There's a video-clip here

...it might be best to research Rapido's approach to this, as they offer on the V56 (as a factory option) "Compartment and cabling for 3rd battery (battery not supplied)". (The third battery is, of course, a second leisure battery)

If you're considering a factory order, then this is probably the way to go; buying from stock, however, it would still give you some idea as to how Rapido themselves resolve the issue.

The Continental asking-price for the '3rd battery' factory option for a V56 Rapido seems to be €145, which roughly equates to the £130 asking-price for this option on the 640 coachbuilt model. In the latter case, you don't get anything fancy for your money - just a couple of connecting cables, a low-sided plastic tray in which the battery sits and a hold-down strap. I suspect that a V56 would have a similar 'minimalist' arrangement.

A UK Rapido dealership should be able to confirm where a V56's leisure-battery is and what the 3rd battery option comprises.

I also note that a member of the MHF forums has just bought a nearly-new V56, so may be able to comment

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftoptitle-175265-proud-downsizers.html

Archived