Fly screen for PVC

Suda

Hi we have downsized to a panel van conversion. The newer Rapido, Globecar etc now have a cassette fly screen to cover the huge opening, but what do fellow travellers without this feature do, to gain a degree of protection from the mossies on warm summer nights, when you don't want to close the sliding door?

Guest JudgeMental
German vans now come with the sliding mozi door as standard..these can be bought and retro fitted. we had a net on Adria fixed with velcro and studs around opening..it was OK'ish but velcro always becoming unstuck, our new mozi sliding door in a different league. german vans also come with practical sized beds.... 8-)

Suda - 2014-02-26 11:59 AM

Hi we have downsized to a panel van conversion. The newer Rapido, Globecar etc now have a cassette fly screen to cover the huge opening, but what do fellow travellers without this feature do, to gain a degree of protection from the mossies on warm summer nights, when you don't want to close the sliding door?

When I last checked these fly screens were only available for panel vans with the sliding door on the right hand side. On the other hand I can honestly say I've only ever been affected by mossies twice - on the Camargue and Sete. Otherwise no problem in anywhere I've been although I tend to go to Spain only these days.

colin - 2014-02-26 11:25 AM

You keep referring to downsizing, but never post which van.

We have this year had the Globecar sliding mossie screen retrofitted to our Fiat, no idea if it fits your van.

I agree. It should be a rule that make of van should be included in your profile to appear on the left hand site of every post. Where's yours?

I made ours, sent for the mesh from here

http://www.flyscreenqueen.co.uk/

made it in panels with velcro fastenings threaded onto a aluminium pole that splits into three ;-) home made but does the job with rubber stops on the ends.

It and costs next to nothing, but if you do order the net make sure you don't get lots of offcuts otherwise you will end up joining pieces.

Suda - 2014-02-26 12:39 PM

Sorry Colin. The van is a Rapido V56 .

The only images I can find show the SLD on uk offside same as ours, so there's a good chance the Globecar type flyscreen might fit, might be an idea to give SMC a ring, they fitted ours.

I got some nice very fine net curtains, a creamy crinkly effect material and much finer than standard nets, from a charity shop - set of 4 for £6! I used 2 on the rear doors, hanging them on a lightweight curtain pole, and for the side I only needed one so put it on an expanding curtain/shower pole. By doing it this way they are easily removed if needs be (ie in winter), although they do serve a secondary purpose and allow us to have the doors open even when it's a bit windy as they help to block out some of the breeze, a bit like the windblocker screens you can buy for awnings.

You can just see them in the below photos.

921701437_sidenets.jpg.04dfae07f9d630b297c447a266abab9a.jpg

28955106_rearnets.jpg.4228464f865080a192d10fc02c766527.jpg

Mike88 - 2014-02-26 12:04 PM

I agree. It should be a rule that make of van should be included in your profile to appear on the left hand site of every post. Where's yours?

I've been trying to do this for months without success - how do you do it :$ :$

hughman - 2014-02-26 8:30 PM

"Forums Control Panel" under your log in Welcome at top of page and then type your make of vehicle alongside " Location."

hughman - 2014-02-26 8:30 PM

On your profile where you typed your location just add make and model of van

SNAP

Archived